Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I just recently bought one.

I just wanna know if there's ever any leeway on cars made before 2000 and this one is just a 1999 model GXE altima.

Doesn't even have any scratches or dents on it.

Is it a no go based on its year?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Uber goes strictly by the year, doesnt matter how many miles are on it. 10 years is the cutoff, so nothing older than 2005. I think its partially for safety purposes and to help them make money off of their vehicle financing program.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Because I just recently bought one.

I just wanna know if there's ever any leeway on cars made before 2000 and this one is just a 1999 model GXE altima.

Doesn't even have any scratches or dents on it.

Is it a no go based on its year?
Nope! Has to be less than 10 years old.
Only exceptions ever made was on the super expensive cars like Rolls,Bentley or Mercedes.

·
Registered
857 Posts
And cuz it Mpls, the car will have little paint left on it, plenty of rust holes, and a muffler secured by a coat hanger. I know....I lived there. Got tired of replacing exhaust components and watching my cars deteriorate before they hit 200K miles.
I'm rolling a 2005 Malibu.. has one bubble on a dog leg. still under the paint.

but ya, I have seen some junk uber cars.. I have heard "thank god, a nice clean car" more than once. Also many mention I am one of the few native english speaking drivers they have had.

I am amazed some of the cars I have seen have passed the city inspection. They gave me all sorts of shit on mine over brake pads at 30%.. I knew it would be due sooner or later, but 30% is a far cry from worn out. They did pass me but threaten to fail me for "thin" brake pads. I did my brakes yesterday because I had some down time. Still had 5/32's of pad left. they where not even due yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts