Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this email tonight regarding non-acceptance of runs. Notice they emphasized this is a Third Reminder. Will they deactivate drivers for this. What type of acceptance rate do they accept?

Missed requests aren't good for the community.

It looks like you're continuing to skip ride requests by letting the timer count down to zero. This causes a bad experience for the passenger, so we're reaching out with a third reminder.

Remember: Missed requests create delays for passengers and leave them with a bad impression of our community. People rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and we'd love your help being there for them.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
lyft is even worse with deactivations than uber, isnt the minumum lyft rating 4.8 LOL a joke, and there is no chance to take any class......i dont know what their acceptence rate is but they are a brutal company

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Non-accepts and Cancels are 2 different things. Uber & Lyft are both very careful how they word their warnings, for non-accepts they try to imply you're at risk but know they can't do a thing about it with the IRS watching them. For Cancels they're on solid ground. But they also don't quote safe cancellation rates so you can be sure the lower your acceptance rate the closer you better watch your cancel rate. Anyway, the main reasons to Cancel are no-shows or when they threw up a Pool/Line ping just as you were hitting the screen for the star rating etc and caused you to accept a ride you're not going to do. If you don't want the ride let it time out, don't accept it and then cancel it, you're giving the power back to them.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me be clear, I was talking about letting the timer run out and not cancels. Lyft sent me an email saying this was my third warning letting me know I was letting the timer expire too frequently. It sounded like a threat to deactivate so I emailed Lyft Tech Support and asked for clarification on what I'm allowed and not allowed to do in regards to letting the timer run out. It has been a week and no one replied back to me from Lyft which is why I asked the group.

·
Registered
560 Posts
They threaten people all the time, both companies. I just got a cancelation rate threat from uber and said if I cancel too many times I can be at risk for deactivation. However I don't think either company can deactivate you for not accepting requests, even though they send warnings via email and text there is nothing said in there about deactivation.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Let me be clear, I was talking about letting the timer run out and not cancels. Lyft sent me an email saying this was my third warning letting me know I was letting the timer expire too frequently. It sounded like a threat to deactivate so I emailed Lyft Tech Support and asked for clarification on what I'm allowed and not allowed to do in regards to letting the timer run out. It has been a week and no one replied back to me from Lyft which is why I asked the group.
You ever get a response? I just got the same email.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Both Uber and Lyft can deactivate your account for any reason other than race religion or gender. Or for no reason at all.

Uber has stated they won't deactivate for acceptance rate, but they can change it any time.

Lyft has made no such promise
Disagree. There should be a reason for deactivation. I beleive both us and Uber/Lyft are bound by the contract. Potential deactivation when terms are breach.
I dont think they take a risk to deactivate anyone without reason, that would lead to other party claiming of being discrimination.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Disagree. There should be a reason for deactivation. I beleive both us and Uber/Lyft are bound by the contract. Potential deactivation when terms are breach.
I dont think they take a risk to deactivate anyone without reason, that would lead to other party claiming of being discrimination.
Feel free to quote the contract where it says specific reasons must be used.

In point of fact, even employee contracts can be terminated with no reason. Only notice is required.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Both Uber and Lyft can deactivate your account for any reason other than race religion or gender. Or for no reason at all.

Uber has stated they won't deactivate for acceptance rate, but they can change it any time.

Lyft has made no such promise
hmmmmm.... they should be able to deactivate you for racing... :eek:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts