Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guy, i posted a previous message about my plans to move back to RDU. and it's official for December.

From my understanding when i lived there in the 2007, I was able to do the following: Get new insurance policy, get DL changed and get registration/new plate. - no need for immediate state inspection/emissions.

However i remember that when i got plates the first time, I didn't need to go get the car inspected till renewal for the following year and i know NC doesn't put stickers on the windshield like other states do.

Is Uber going to require me to do this immediately? (my current inspection/emissions is current in PA till 2/17.)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't think you can get a new plate in NC without a state inspection. I would call your car make dealership here in NC. Ask them if they will inspect your car with out of state plates. They should be able to do it with just your VIN and then you are good for your NC plate.

Koffee

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I emailed Uber to see if they have a reasonable answer. I should be fine overall from what I've gathered so... far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts