Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I predict waves of people who will realize all this. It's already happened - that's why all the good incentives - which in turn attracted too many people - which in turn made it impossible for one another to get a ping (unless you are related to someone - despicable preferred pings system) - and which will inevitably lead to what this video says: "Oh my god these past two months I lost money driving for Uber! And my car is broken"
What a shame of a system

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Check out this video.
This fyi is Jayde Lovell, one half of The Young Turks YouTube channel ScIQ (together with Bec Susan Gill). They do good stuff.

There are some problems here: she doesn't talk about write-offs, and loops in retail sales tax. Also, since this was logged two months ago, it doesn't make mention of the incentives that some drivers are using to sweeten the pot.

But the costs-per-mile breakdown is good. And I like the analogy she draws between Uber and Payday Advance Loan type deals.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
By the way, Lovell in the video invites viewers to respond in the YouTube comments, and there's more than 5,000! I'm looking at a few of them now, just to see what people there said. I sorted the comments by newest - looks like a plant here:

Brian Morrison 10 minutes ago
Ha ha, I average 50 dollars an hour. This girl is just a hater so she has a reason to make a video. LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts