Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a ladie at the airport just now, she said she too a cab because she couldn't find the pickup for uber. She asked if I would drive uber, I said it's 6 of one half dozen of the other. Nobody is making money so I'll stick with cab for now. At least they pay health insurance and pay my gas, paid vacation. Point of the story, she told me she likes uber because she doesn't have to tip, she said why should I tip uber?. Lol while she gave me a 5 dollar tip.

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
Kool story bro......speak for yourself when you say nobody is making money....if your not making money than only a moron would sit for 12 hours in a cab.....

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kool story bro......speak for yourself when you say nobody is making money....if your not making money than only a moron would sit for 12 hours in a cab.....
That's what you took from that story? If you think making 1k a week is making money then your goal is lower than mine and I stand corrected

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The whole point was that she didn't feel the need to tip uber but she tipped me for the same job. She even mentioned that you don't have to tip uber. She also said that uber does nothing for her. Where do you think she got those Ideas? IT'S THE BUSINESS MODEL

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I picked up a ladie at the airport just now, she said she too a cab because she couldn't find the pickup for uber. She asked if I would drive uber, I said it's 6 of one half dozen of the other. Nobody is making money so I'll stick with cab for now. At least they pay health insurance and pay my gas, paid vacation. Point of the story, she told me she likes uber because she doesn't have to tip, she said why should I tip uber?. Lol while she gave me a 5 dollar tip.
You lost me? At what point in the 3rd world Dimension Does RideShare Make U an Employee? Just Curiours

Rideshare isn't About Making Money.....Duh?

That's what you took from that story? If you think making 1k a week is making money then your goal is lower than mine and I stand corrected
Right On ....2 Thousand Is about Making Money

Good story. The funny thing is if she wss competent enough to find the Uber area you wouldn't be telling this story right now. It turns out she was just dumb enough to pay double for her ride.
And here we go. The Medium.

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
Yup sounds about right. Drive cab but take uber home. Even cab drivers don't support fellow cab drivers.

·
Premium Member
62,900 Posts
The whole point was that she didn't feel the need to tip uber but she tipped me for the same job. She even mentioned that you don't have to tip uber. She also said that uber does nothing for her. Where do you think she got those Ideas? IT'S THE BUSINESS MODEL
Sorry business model at that !
My city,New Orleans,airport pick ups and drop offs are nearly the same rate for taxi & Uber. This was mandated by the city,which gets a nice $4.00 a ride cut.
It is the only ride we make money on !
Both Taxis and Uber are busy here.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Thanks to all you drivers who put a tip sign in your car. I think the word is getting out to pax, I'm getting many more consistent tips. Also, a tip to get the tips.....if the discussion turns to rating system be sure to tell your pax that most drivers will low rate them for not tipping among other unsavory practices.....not you though....you always give pax 5 stars, except for those two times. Good story time.

·
Banned
5,897 Posts
Thanks to all you drivers who put a tip sign in your car. I think the word is getting out to pax, I'm getting many more consistent tips. Also, a tip to get the tips.....if the discussion turns to rating system be sure to tell your pax that most drivers will low rate them for not tipping among other unsavory practices.....not you though....you always give pax 5 stars, except for those two times. Good story time.
You tell em grandma!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Awesome story dude, seems you need the tip more than me. Out of the $27, you made $10.80, plus $5. Plus, with dimwits like her, you can have her as a customer. Comes all the way to Vegas and all she could think of talking about is tipping Uber drivers.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Good story. The funny thing is if she wss competent enough to find the Uber area you wouldn't be telling this story right now. It turns out she was just dumb enough to pay double for her ride.
BOOM!

For every time you hear "why should I tip Uber?", I hear "Why would I ever take a cab again?" 25 times.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The point of the story is that the woman is an idiot. How would tipping a driver whether he's in a cab, Uber car or a limo driver be like tipping the company itself?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry business model at that !
My city,New Orleans,airport pick ups and drop offs are nearly the same rate for taxi & Uber. This was mandated by the city,which gets a nice $4.00 a ride cut.
It is the only ride we make money on !
Both Taxis and Uber are busy here.
That's the way it should be

The point of the story is that the woman is an idiot. How would tipping a driver whether he's in a cab, Uber car or a limo driver be like tipping the company itself?
I guess I should have stated that she was talking about drivers

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Just curious, do you smoke Crack
Undercover?

Yeah....Woman's An Idiot....Locker room Talk when I grab.....

Tell us something we don't know....everybody knows uber pax are stiffs but we are really impressed to see your highlight of the day is a big $5 tip from a uber stiff congrats on your accomplishment....lol
Concur! 13.5 Percent % Tip...I have 4.95 Rating. Just under 2350 trips

1 - 17 of 17 Posts