Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see other cities have daily and weekly quests to reward drivers for volume, which is sorely needed with all these ridiculous minimum fares (in my last 15 fares, only two were double digit, and the rest were all below $5, with more than half the lovely $3.24 min -- which is a killer when you drive 10 minutes for those fares and they seldom/never tip); are these doled out in MPLS, and I just haven't been getting them, or are they solely for the larger US metros? Because of the rash of awful min fares, THEY ARE NEEDED HERE BADLY in MHO. I would also love to see them tweek the algorithm so that you are never driving too far for a cheap fare -- simply tell the rider there are no drivers close enough for that fare, and would they agree to double the rate to attract a driver.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I see other cities have daily and weekly quests to reward drivers for volume, which is sorely needed with all these ridiculous minimum fares (in my last 15 fares, only two were double digit, and the rest were all below $5, with more than half the lovely $3.24 min -- which is a killer when you drive 10 minutes for those fares and they seldom/never tip); are these doled out in MPLS, and I just haven't been getting them, or are they solely for the larger US metros? Because of the rash of awful min fares, THEY ARE NEEDED HERE BADLY in MHO. I would also love to see them tweek the algorithm so that you are never driving too far for a cheap fare -- simply tell the rider there are no drivers close enough for that fare, and would they agree to double the rate to attract a driver.
What Uber quests? God this is getting to be more and more like a video game lol.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Uber can't keep giving out driver bonuses if they ever want to get to a point of making a profit. But saying that, my prediction is that there will be changes to Uber leadership sooner than later. The recent lawsuits and the video of our beloved Travis are going to lead to changes some of which should be positive for the drivers. Also, two early investors wrote an open letter to Uber which according to MPR is almost an unprecedented move for an investor to do. I could be wrong of course but it will be interesting to watch. http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/23/technology/uber-investors-blast-company/

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I get 10-30% percent bonus if I hit certain trip totals for the week

·
Registered
270 Posts
I get the surge guarantee on the weekend. If it anything like last year. The surge guarantee should start around 10pm come spring/summer time instead of 12am like it is now.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I was told at the Uber office that they are working on a solution for long pings resulting in short fares. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm just sick of the out of town idiots leaving a restaurant in downtown grabbing an Uber to go two blocks to their hotel... Get a clue or tip.

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I get the surge guarantee on the weekend. If it anything like last year. The surge guarantee should start around 10pm come spring/summer time instead of 12am like it is now.
the weekend boost is nice to be offered, but that demands ferrying around drunks late at night, and in my mind there should be surges for that anyhow, whereas the ride quests reward drivers for volume, which would help offset the low returns on min fare/longer drive rides you see in the suburbs

·
Registered
270 Posts
the weekend boost is nice to be offered, but that demands ferrying around drunks late at night, and in my mind there should be surges for that anyhow, whereas the ride quests reward drivers for volume, which would help offset the low returns on min fare/longer drive rides you see in the suburbs
There are other bonus beside the surge guarantee for both weekend and weekday. It only that I uber on the weekend so that the only bonus I get. And since the winter is slow, it nice to have the surge guarantee. At least that way I don't have to wait around for surge.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
There are other bonus beside the surge guarantee for both weekend and weekday. It only that I uber on the weekend so that the only bonus I get. And since the winter is slow, it nice to have the surge guarantee. At least that way I don't have to wait around for surge.
Is anyone still getting the weekday guarantee from uber?

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the sheer # of "peak" rides is over the top...I can get to the total rides needed but the only way to hit the peak ride requirement is to completely give up the ability to make your own sked, or to completely drive constantly Friday and Saturday night

1 - 20 of 24 Posts