Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I think the mornings are toast now. Have switched from 10am-6pm -(7pm-8pm if needed to hit $250-$300 for the day) seems to work better and averaging about $1200 - $1300 per week with tips. When I got up early in the morning it seemed like last month it started slowing down for pick ups cause of driver saturation in the burbs and downtown after 6am. Sometimes you can get lucky with an XL from DT to the airport on surge and net $50-$60 for a short ride, it still happens I'm sure but not like it did Sept-Dec of 2016. Getting up too early I found drains your energy to work a full midday steady flow of pings. Also I never work weekend nights to avoid the insanity.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I don't usually do mornings because I have a FT job but every now and again I am up around 5:00-5:30 so I check the app. This morning it was surging at 2.6 in my neighborhood (SW Suburbs) so I flipped it on. Had a nice trip to the airport $32. Went back to bed. I did notice around 7:30 there was a pretty large surge all around uptown & downtown.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm sure but not like it did Sept-Dec of 2016.
I don't think we realize how good we had it then. Between the opening of the new stadium and all those events, followed by the start of school, football season, Ryder Cup etc.....It was a good summer/Fall in the Twin Cities. Seems like I didn't have to try hard to make $100-$200. Any shift I wanted to work was a money maker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts