Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
I have a hard time believing that all service sector jobs will eventually be replaced by automation.

We all know what happened with grocery stores with self check out right? Know why you still see cashiers? B/c people are too ****ing stupid to figure it out themselves in a timely fashion.

A trained experienced cashier is WAY more efficient than tech-illiterate granny trying to use the self checkout. Too many self checkouts lead to increased wait times and dissatisfaction for customers.

The same thing is going to happen at fast food "restaurants" as well. I bet all these stores that end up with too many machines and not enough zit covered 15 year olds will end up regretting their decision.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a hard time believing that all service sector jobs will eventually be replaced by automation.

We all know what happened with grocery stores with self check out right? Know why you still see cashiers? B/c people are too &%[email protected]!*ing stupid to figure it out themselves in a timely fashion.

A trained experienced cashier is WAY more efficient than tech-illiterate granny trying to use the self checkout. Too many self checkouts lead to increased wait times and dissatisfaction for customers.

The same thing is going to happen at fast food "restaurants" as well. I bet all these stores that end up with too many machines and not enough zit covered 15 year olds will end up regretting their decision.
You should check out amazons new store where there are no check out lines.

Still people around to help stock and do other things. Self checkout was just a small step in automation. The point is to lower the people need to support store operation, not remove everyone. The staff needed to support a store will be smaller over time.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Brian, your thread title is so right. I just witnessed a new Progressive Insurance commercial in which Flo was being portrayed by an animated robot busting out a rap. Our dearly beloved Flo that has made every common man believe that there is a woman out there for himself was just replaced by an autonomous fictional character. My God, even our fantasies are now becoming robotic.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

We all know what happened with grocery stores with self check out right? Know why you still see cashiers? B/c people are too &%[email protected]!*ing stupid to figure it out themselves in a timely fashion.

Excatly true. When i need to speak to customer servive cuz my phones service is haveing issues i press bunch of numbers to bypass machiene so i can talk to a person

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.