Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you take a yellow cab sales tax is ADDED on to the fare that the CUSTOMER pays. Yet, with UBER NYC it is the driver that takes the 8.25% hit for the privilege of driving the pot-holed riddled streets of NYC. It might go a long way for UBER/driver relations if UBER passed on the sales tax to the customer instead of simply deducting from drivers. Waddaya think?

·
Registered
954 Posts
If the business of getting screwed isn't for you, then perhaps you should look elsewhere. People complain but they seem not to understand. They don't care!! If you can't fight back, don't expect sympathy and compassion because they are all out to get us. You got a point tho, the sales tax should be paid by the customer.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
When you take a yellow cab sales tax is ADDED on to the fare that the CUSTOMER pays. Yet, with UBER NYC it is the driver that takes the 8.25% hit for the privilege of driving the pot-holed riddled streets of NYC. It might go a long way for UBER/driver relations if UBER passed on the sales tax to the customer instead of simply deducting from drivers. Waddaya think?
Thats a new concept, where the customer pays the tax. Sort of like when you go to Wendy's, if you can afford a burger, on a good day. If uber did that it would be a fare increase, with the drivers making more money. Not gonna happen.

·
Registered
828 Posts
As I understand in yellow cab you pay tax when leasing cab it's about 5 bux a day . Then you got 50 cent surcharge on every trip which customer pay . They call it's mta state surcharge which is complete bs . I have nothing to do with crooks at mta . That mounts to about 120 mil goes to mta from all taxi rides in NYC . Uber facing and will face mountains of law suits .... It's will not end well . Question is can you survive long enough

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why lower rates? How deep are you willing to go down in the toilet when you already are in the toilet!? Same effect!
That's what I'm trying to say, sales tax being inclusive, or a rate that's lower by the equivalent amount without sales tax being included are the same thing. It's just cleaner if sales tax is included.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
That's what I'm trying to say, sales tax being inclusive, or a rate that's lower by the equivalent amount without sales tax being included are the same thing. It's just cleaner if sales tax is included.
I undertand. I just don't like seeing a rate cut to justify the sales tax and make it "cleaner"

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Uber will keep lowering prices until they have a choke hold on the market. Once they are the monopoly they will raise the prices sky high. That is what these millennials don't understand, they are using a company that will gouge them the second the opportunity arises.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It is a question I raised with Uber more then 10 times. Each time they avoid it and refuse to answer it. Notice how now on your earnings page within app it doesnt show sales tax breakdown anymore only on the website earning statement. I emailed them many times pointing out the sales tax should be added on top of the fare and pa8d by the customer. No response, avpid the issue. Welcome to Fuber, here to screw everyone. :)

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
Uber will keep lowering prices until they have a choke hold on the market. Once they are the monopoly they will raise the prices sky high. That is what these millennials don't understand, they are using a company that will gouge them the second the opportunity arises.
But once they raise there rates people will abandoned them and go back to yellow.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
But once they raise there rates people will abandoned them and go back to yellow.
Their goal is to make yellow a thing of history, but if things continue the way it does, eventually the will succeed, because millennials are using yellow less and less, and the next generation will be strictly on uber.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts