• Business

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Pleasure

Votes: 5 50.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Both business and pleasure. I've done it PT since 2016, recently laid off from a 15 year long job so now semi-FT so the savings doesn't drain while I work on a retail project. Also for the tax implications. I enjoy it. I drive primarily burbs in the days and evenings. Not sure I could deal with the night crowd.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I was a ex driver back in 2012 -2015, but since then i been developing my own rideshare app to help my fellow drivers. Been developing since i was 18 now 28, my goal is to start a rideshare company something exclusive and small, nothing on uber's scale because i simply don't care about them or lyft i don't want to be saturated thats a bad thing to me, i love the idea of ownership. i'll work my way to getting a small investment like $5M nothing to big start in one or two cities. I know NY is capping drivers, so i can limit my driver's to 1,000 per city for now. The plan is to become monthly subscription based driver's will keep 100% commission and they only have to pay a fee every month. also drivers will be getting ad revenue if they sign up and use our tablets in their vehicle (but that is a choice not mandatory). I understand the insurance situation and all that comes with it i been study this for a whole year, Using 2009 vehicles and up. I'm only trying to help the ones that are tired of being taken advantage of by uber. Im simply using my skills of development to help drivers if this is something you been waiting for then this could be for u. I really have nothing to lose at all, this is a passion for me, is uber a concern for me? no, because i have a whole different model. If this actually goes will it could possibly shift the rideshare industry into the way it was suppose to be. Drivers have complained for years now, You want full control as a driver it will happen soon. The app and legal documents are in the works by first quarter of 2019.
I commend your determination and passion. How does your model differ from a Cab company other than the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
We follow the same procedure as the rest of them, we don't own the vehicles, we will be paying for the insurance, riders can only get a ride through the app (No Street Hails), trade dress signs almost every single thing that approves us to be a TNC regulated company. Lets be honest taxi company will never go back to the way it was many years ago, only thing they can do is get with the program and create a app, find there on niche and some are. We aren't going to just be a rideshare company, but delivery as well not with food just business to business, home delivery accepting cargo vans, mini vans and more. 80% is already done we just waiting on legal documents. We want to start adding the right people to the team asap. I figure this may be the only way to help drivers get more money out of the rideshare industry ...at one point JUNO was around, but gave promises and then sold out, they were doing the whole 10% commission thing and GETT bought them out for $200M in NY and that was just with Rideshare.

What we will have
.RIDESHARE (2019)
.DELIVERY (2020)
.RIDESHARE IN-CAR ADS REVENUE (NOT MANDATORY) (2019)
So... you are re-inventing Uber / Lyft and UPS / Fedex? Best of luck to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.