Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done about 10 rides now and every time the riders were standing at a location that I could not park, unless I Double Park, or on a red zone.
Doesn't Uber tell riders to wait at a suitable location?
Can't they Make them stand at a safe place since their location is tracked via their phone?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a guy try to jump out in the middle of street while the car was moving, and unfortunately right in front of a cop.
I told him to stop in a strong voice and then stopped at the side, again right behind a police car. :)

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I have done about 10 rides now and every time the riders were standing at a location that I could not park, unless I Double Park, or on a red zone.
Can't they Make them stand at a safe place since their location is tracked via their phone?
Plain stupidity!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
I hate when they drop the pin right at the intersection of the Chinese theatre on Hollywood Blvd and I have all kinds of people wave seeing a U approach, I mean all but the pax will find your car and get in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
All uber does is tell them to pay and rate.. They don't give a *****

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Best are the ones who stand on the corner after the road where they need you to turn after they get in. I praise the ones that know where to stand like they're a puppy that shit outside for the first time.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
On average, humanity<intelligent

You are not obligated to pickup in dangerous spots. Find a good spot, pull over, call and explain so they can walk over. Note that you are likely to take a rating hit if they feel you should park just anywhere for them.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
And you'll get pax ask you to bypass the railroad crossing arms or blocked off construction zones.
Pax don't care about you or your car ... after all, it's not their car ... and they won't be getting the ticket.

CANCEL

Reactions: UberMeansSuper

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes people will ask you to do a lot of stupid stuff, BUT as I told one of my rides last week when he asked me to get off the paved road to the left and go past all the cars to get to the Carpool lane that starts further up, "I don't make any illegal moves especially when I have the "U" on my wind shield because then I become the target of every ass wipe with a camera to post my picture and say, "look how the Uber driver is breaking the law". :)

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Asking riders to stand in an accessible location would make sense, and most pax do quite the opposite.

Another pet peeve of mine is a request on a two-way street somewhere mid-block with one lane in each direction during rush hour (Dallas drivers: Lower Greenville! Y'all know what I'm talkin' about!).
Do you expect me to just stop here mid-block, while traffic piles up for blocks behind me, and cars can't pass to the left not only because it's ILLEGAL (double solid yellow line) but IT'S IMPOSSIBLE due to the line of cars that goes for blocks on that side?
Yes. Yes, you do. You think I can just hover above traffic until you're done paying your tab, where you'll tip at least 18% and you'll get in my car for pennies to go 2 blocks up the street to your $1800/mo. apartment smaller than my closet, and you'll leave no tip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
On average, humanity<intelligent

You are not obligated to pickup in dangerous spots. Find a good spot, pull over, call and explain so they can walk over. Note that you are likely to take a rating hit if they feel you should park just anywhere for them.
Isn't there a way to just avoid the user score. I think uber messed up there. Cuz ppl could just feel like rating you poorly because they can. How does uber control this from happening

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Isn't there a way to just avoid the user score. I think uber messed up there. Cuz ppl could just feel like rating you poorly because they can. How does uber control this from happening
They don't care. They use the rating system to control you and ensure you're being the Yes Man they and their customer base want.

No, there is no way to avoid being rated nor avoid rating pax.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts