Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seriously. I get this impression all the time from the people that jump in my car. It's like they think they're this unique group of "clientele" that uses uber to feel "special" like they're part of this super-elite taxi service. Don't they realize that most of the average uber drivers are just random blokes . Most have never even met another uber driver. They just sign up and get out there and drive.

The way most of my riders speak about uber just baffles me about their distorted perception of what's really going on. (The comments they make sometimes are like they are implying or think I'm making more money than I should be and I don't deserve such a nice car to be a taxi driver for uber.. as if uber was and is my primary source of income for the past 25 years.)

Now many of the riders also seem really cool and they're just using it to party safely.. but other people just irk me how they carry this "i'm so ****ing special" tone in their voice.

For example: I picked up a lady from a restaurant and took her to her hotel.. the whole ride she talked about other uber drivers and how they are and how nice the uber cars (priuses specifically) are in New York (im in orlando fl) she says "I take uber every single day. most of my trips are around $40-60, all my drivers open my door and have drinks for the ride. I couldn't get to her destination fast enough. I figured she would probably rate me lower than a 5 even though she said my car was really nice.. I rated her a 3 for being a snob.

I don't really think I made my point and it's more of a "feeling" but I'll try to add more if I figure out a way to explain what I mean more specifically.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Robert Estuar said:
I don't really think I made my point and it's more of a "feeling" but I'll try to add more if I figure out a way to explain what I mean more specifically.
It is almost like she was comparing you with the (ghost) riders up north.I say "ghost" b/c she probably goes no where.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Most Uber drivers make less than the cost of a bottle of water per mile, so she was full of hot air.
And unless she's UberBlack'ing everywhere for those $40-60 rides, I guarantee not a single UberX driver has touched her door.

·
24,279 Posts
1. Most have never even met another uber driver.

2. how nice the (priuses specifically) are

3. she says "I take uber every single day. most of my trips are around $40-60, all my drivers open my door and have drinks for the ride.

4. I rated her a 3 for being a snob.
1. True, most Uber drivers never have met me. Some have, but most have not.

2. Now, she is delusional.

3. ........and had too many MartOOnies and not enough dinner..........

4. You were being too kind.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
A lot of rider also believe Uber provides the vehicle. When I inform the pax that this is my PERSONAL vehicle, and Uber does not provide vehicles to any drivers, they don't believe me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts