Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Current Rating: 4.95

I offer everything to these people. Why do I keep getting lower than 5-star ratings.

What I Offer:

Chilled Water
Chilled Pepsi
5 Kinds of Gum
Vehicle Temp Change
Aux Port / iTunes Music / PandoraOne
Back Seat Phone Changing Bay
Hand Sanitizer
Individual Toothbrush and Toothpaste packs if needed
Aleve with valid ID
Tylenol with valid ID
Static-free Screen Wipes
Hair Ties and Clips
Plaquers
Tissues and Napkins
Lint Roller
Disinfectant Wipes
Moist Towelettes
Male and Female Toiletries (including kotex)
Everything is brand name
T-Mobile Wi-Fi
Daily Cleaned Environment
New Car Smell Still
2017 Nissan Altima
Polite and Soft Spoken

IDK WHAT ELSE THESE PEOPLE WANT FROM US!

·
Registered
99 Posts
A.) Do you really offer all that stuff or are you being sarcastic? That's a lot of crap to be toting around and a lot of expense if you ask me.

B.) 4 .95 is not a low rating. As long as you are above 4.6 you shouldn't really give a shit. Not everyone is going to rate you a 5 no matter what you do. Don't be so starved for ratings and approval.

3.) Personally, if I order a Select I'm going to be disappointed if an Altima shows up.

·
Registered
141 Posts
What I Offer:

Chilled Water
Chilled Pepsi
5 Kinds of Gum
Vehicle Temp Change
Hand Sanitizer
Aleve with valid ID
Tylenol with valid ID
Static-free Screen Wipes
Hair Ties and Clips
Plaquers
Tissues and Napkins
Lint Roller
Disinfectant Wipes
Moist Towelettes
Everything is brand name
T-Mobile Wi-Fi
New Car Smell Still
2017 Nissan Altima
Polite and Soft Spoken

You're f'n kidding, right?

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Because you are inundating your passengers with I'm a great guy stuff rather than just not giving a flying f**k about their ability to rate.

Because you are inundating your passengers with I'm a great guy stuff rather than just not giving a flying f**k about their ability to rate.
Today alone one of my passengers said their hot towel was not hot enough and their slippers were not fluffy enough, I said, oh yeah ??

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Some of those riders know how little your making driving them around like a 1/10 price limo service. It's their way of laughing at you. Do you have a sign asking for 5 stars? If you do take it down. Stop with the free stuff!

The only thing a high rating is good for is so you can kick paxholes out whenever you need to without worrying about retailitory 1 stars.

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
I dunno man...
I dunno
In my market people are fine with just the ride.

Long ago I had water. People left 3/4 of the bottle with the lid not on properly and it wet the whole seat. Another asked for water IN HIS DRIVEWAY because he saw it in the door. Wtf you're literally home you entitled D*****. I offered gum only because I was having, I found the wrappers on the floor. I'm not going to set myself up to be taken advantage of and treated like s***. I have a clean car and that's it. I will let them use a charger IF they ask, I don't have random chargers dangling back there for them to kick around. No more Mrs Nice Guy. I have a 9.4 giving nadda, zip, zilch except a safe smooth ride and conversation IF they're engaging. That's it. Good luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts

I offer everything to these people. Why do I keep getting lower than 5-star ratings.

What I Offer:

Chilled Water
Chilled Pepsi
5 Kinds of Gum
Vehicle Temp Change
Hand Sanitizer
Aleve with valid ID
Tylenol with valid ID
Static-free Screen Wipes
Hair Ties and Clips
Plaquers
Tissues and Napkins
Lint Roller
Disinfectant Wipes
Moist Towelettes
Everything is brand name
T-Mobile Wi-Fi
New Car Smell Still
2017 Nissan Altima
Polite and Soft Spoken

What I Offer:

Chilled Water
Chilled Pepsi
5 Kinds of Gum
Vehicle Temp Change
Hand Sanitizer
Aleve with valid ID
Tylenol with valid ID
Static-free Screen Wipes
Hair Ties and Clips
Plaquers
Tissues and Napkins
Lint Roller
Disinfectant Wipes
Moist Towelettes
Everything is brand name
T-Mobile Wi-Fi
New Car Smell Still
2017 Nissan Altima
Polite and Soft Spoken

I give them just a ride and a nice hello and I have a 4.9.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it’s not a troll, idk what that is. This was a serious question for me. I’ve recently removed everything from my car. After what happened on Oct 27th, with all these sh1t head people, taking everything out on the containers on almost every ride, and me having to stop between rides and fix it all back, I was over it. I also had an Uber Investigation as a passenger assaulted me, while I was driving. I had no way of protecting myself, the other in the car kept him away from me as we reached their drop off location. He demanded 5 stars, watched me give it to him, He then showed me that he gave me 3 stars, and then walked around my car, shit the windshield (no cracks), then kicked my bumper (no dents). I spoke to a friend about it, they said it was my fault, for having all these extra things in my car, and being way to nice, and quoting Uber rules on not touching the driver and drivers not touch the guests. So since that night all you have is a seat in my car. Nothing else. I might change the music or a/c for them, but I’m over them. I have a 4.95 still, being a 5.00 star driver will never happen and I’m ok with that.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Just curious, you are running X but your profile says "driving Select."
Anyway, any veteran (or former) Cape driver will tell you, it's Southwest Florida. Be happy if you are >4.65. There are simply too many drunken all hat no cattle "********" here, man-child "tough guys," perpetually entitled daddys-girls, assorted trash from various corners of the population and socially mal-adjusted boo-boos (mainly female pax who, at that moment hate all men) to ever hope for a 5.

But the story on how this guy got so agitated would be interesting to hear.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I drive both X and Select with the Nissan Altima, and then X, Select, and XL with the Infini QX60.

So this guy “Rob” gets into my car with 3 others, he was totally waisted as I picked them up from backstreets bar on 47th in Cape Coral. He was a Caucasian man, and the other 3 were Hispanic (2 females and 1 man). I asked if the temperature in the car was ok, they said yes. Rob then just randomly started loudly talking about how we need to get all these Mexicans out of the country and how they suck as drivers, because they don’t speak english. I interrupted, so that the conversation could stop because I was offended, and asked if there was any type of music they were into. He was like yea I got something for you, ODB; I didn’t know what it was, so I played it, worst mistake ever. The song was so valgar and it was bad word after bad word, Rob was sitting in my back seat rapping it all out, loud, and aggressively. He started literally pounding bother headrests with his fists, like hard, I had to ask him to please stop, then he grabbed my arm, and I pulled forward and ask him to not touch me please, it’s against Uber policy. That just did not sit well with him, the song ended and he came up from the back seat, to my front seat and grabbed me by the hair and shoulder, and started jerking me back and forth hard. I tried to pull away from the guy, as the other two ladies in the back seat also tried to pull him off me, mind you we are still driving, then all this is going on. Now he is in the back seat talking shit to me, and the ladies are holding his arms and body back there. We arrive to their destination, and I pull in, he is still mouthing off, he demanded 5 stars, they remove him from my car, he is walking around the passenger side back door, and goes up to my windshield and starts pounding it with his fist, the girl pulls him away. He then moves to the front of the car, and started kicking my bumper when the lady is screaming at him, and tries to pull him into the house. He tries to come back for me, but I back up very quickly and left, before he had a chance to reaching me.

I then called Uber support.
The next day during the evening, I was super sore, went to the hospital, and they said it looks like muscle strain, they told me I would feel better in a couple days.

Off topic if you get a name of the person Deandra don’t pick it up. She had 2.1 stars when I tapped the screen, by mistake without looking. Worst passanger in All of Cape Coral.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
That's a hell of a story. Sounds like you may not be familiar with something that drunk people like to do, it is generally referred to as "shit testing." Intox pax grow beer balls (yes, even women) and will shit-test you, which they would never do when sober.

IF you fail the test then what happens is they escalate and may become violent. You probably should have pulled over at the point where he moved to the front seat, exited the vehicle and asked them to leave your vehicle. If they do not, smash the 911 buttons on your phone.

You failed the "caucasian's" shit test for the following reason: Mexico is not a race, but you subconsciously translated it as such, which was a mistake. While there is no excuse for physical acting out, handling intoxicated people requires the subtle skill of de-escalation. He was obviously referring to illegal aliens, a polarizing subject. Notice he did not say "Hispanics" he said "Mexicans."

The best thing you can do in a situation like this is either roll with it or end the trip. I've had more than one drunk woman tell me point blank that all men are ********. Should I be offended? No. What do I care? I know that I'm not an ******* just like you know that you are not an illegal alien, a good driver, proud to be an American (I hope) and hard working. Break through the barriers, prove them wrong, and generally hold a positive attitude. Sure, he may be just another drunk ******* *******, but when you feel offended, you will become defensive, and things can only go downhill from there, which they did.

People are people, they will always have opinions, and you aren't always going to pick up pax who are easy to get along with. You will come across all kinds of lines; gay people who will shit test you if you are straight (and vice-versa,) women who will shit test you because you are a man, younger people who will shit test you because you are older, or older people who will do the same because you are young.

Sometimes, despite your best effort to de-escalate the driver-pax relationship, they will still be arrogant and negative. It is at that point where you may want to at least consider ending the trip, which is your decision.

De-escalating is actually not that difficult once you get the hang of it. There are many methods available on Youtube and Google.

I drive both X and Select with the Nissan Altima, and then X, Select, and XL with the Infini QX60.

So this guy "Rob" gets into my car with 3 others, he was totally waisted as I picked them up from backstreets bar on 47th in Cape Coral. He was a Caucasian man, and the other 3 were Hispanic (2 females and 1 man). I asked if the temperature in the car was ok, they said yes. Rob then just randomly started loudly talking about how we need to get all these Mexicans out of the country and how they suck as drivers, because they don't speak english. I interrupted, so that the conversation could stop because I was offended, and asked if there was any type of music they were into. He was like yea I got something for you, ODB; I didn't know what it was, so I played it, worst mistake ever. The song was so valgar and it was bad word after bad word, Rob was sitting in my back seat rapping it all out, loud, and aggressively. He started literally pounding bother headrests with his fists, like hard, I had to ask him to please stop, then he grabbed my arm, and I pulled forward and ask him to not touch me please, it's against Uber policy. That just did not sit well with him, the song ended and he came up from the back seat, to my front seat and grabbed me by the hair and shoulder, and started jerking me back and forth hard. I tried to pull away from the guy, as the other two ladies in the back seat also tried to pull him off me, mind you we are still driving, then all this is going on. Now he is in the back seat talking shit to me, and the ladies are holding his arms and body back there. We arrive to their destination, and I pull in, he is still mouthing off, he demanded 5 stars, they remove him from my car, he is walking around the passenger side back door, and goes up to my windshield and starts pounding it with his fist, the girl pulls him away. He then moves to the front of the car, and started kicking my bumper when the lady is screaming at him, and tries to pull him into the house. He tries to come back for me, but I back up very quickly and left, before he had a chance to reaching me.

I then called Uber support.
The next day during the evening, I was super sore, went to the hospital, and they said it looks like muscle strain, they told me I would feel better in a couple days.

Off topic if you get a name of the person Deandra don't pick it up. She had 2.1 stars when I tapped the screen, by mistake without looking. Worst passanger in All of Cape Coral.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts