Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Because then there is no reason for Uber to exist... don't get me wrong, I also get happy I see the same in my trips and infuriated when 50% is taken by them but let's be realistic, they also need to make money otherwise what's their purpose? A friend told me just to look at the monthly commission which you can figure out by accessing you account on the browser.. last 2-3 months Uber hasn't taken more than 18-22% average .. so I'm happy with that... I signed for 25% and they are not taking that much.. my friend even lower, like 15%, we are selective on the trips and take the long way of course when justified

·
Super Moderator
6,463 Posts
A friend told me just to look at the monthly commission which you can figure out by accessing you account on the browser..
That's a good idea. I assume you mean the monthly summaries in tax info. The only problem is that it seems to include in app tips in gross earnings, you obviously need to subtract tips from that amount before calculating how much % of your fares are going to Uber.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
The only reason I even think of ways to cut into Uber's take is because they would take over 40% of the fare close to 90% of the time. Otherwise, I would focus more on gettting the rider over with as soon as possible. Unfortunately, Uber has used upfront pricing to give themselves a raise, so I also try to give myself a raise as much as possible. The way it was before, where the cost to the rider was based on a fixed formula, worked fine. Out of 1400 trips, it's been fewer than five times where I added to the cost of the pax by getting lost.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
That's a good idea. I assume you mean the monthly summaries in tax info. The only problem is that it seems to include in app tips in gross earnings, you obviously need to subtract tips from that amount before calculating how much % of your fares are going to Uber.
Other stuff aside, congrats on moderator status (just noticed). That and your movie "the Greater Escape", life must be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts