Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
They do point to point, not sure if its in violation of TLC though.
Yes that is a violation of TLC. Most are generally doing either a pickup or a drop off on the Island, not both, there's a few doing Point to point, usually because they're driving in their TLC car on their long island account, which with in itself is illegal.

·
Registered
782 Posts
No you have to have a tlc license to pick up in the city with commercial insurance on Long Island you can pick up if they are going to the city because the tlc driver has the commercial insurance passed all the nyc test 24 hr class physical and all the other crap the Long Island driver didn’t do anything or have commercial insurance or any of the other crap that the city requires

·
Registered
193 Posts
No you have to have a tlc license to pick up in the city with commercial insurance on Long Island you can pick up if they are going to the city because the tlc driver has the commercial insurance passed all the nyc test 24 hr class physical and all the other crap the Long Island driver didn't do anything or have commercial insurance or any of the other crap that the city requires
I'm sorry, I could care less what the drivers in NYC had to do to get their TLC licenses. It comes down to basic fairness and equity. I bet some of our elected officials here on Long Island are not aware of this. I think its time they are. Either both can do it, or neither can do it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm sorry, I could care less what the drivers in NYC had to do to get their TLC licenses. It comes down to basic fairness and equity. I bet some of our elected officials here on Long Island are not aware of this. I think its time they are. Either both can do it, or neither can do it.
Be careful they will require you to get commercial insurance get licensed by the tlc in the county make you take 24 by class and charge you all kinds of fees then you will be on a equal basis at the end of the day it is not worth it you should be happy to just do your ubering the way it is or you may end up with a ton of expenses

·
Registered
193 Posts
If it bothers you that much get your TLC lincense
And comm. Insurance for $4000. A year and up and you can drive in the city.
I have no desire to ever drive in NYC. My point was that if a long island driver got a fare to NYC, then he/she should be able to pick up a fare from NYC that is headed back to Long Island, just like a NYC driver can do in reverse. That's all.

·
Registered
841 Posts
they are not the problem, the problem is the out of state plates ubering around and no one is saying anything about it. I have seen several Florida and Georgia cars all over LI, and many New Jersey too. A basic requirement would be to have at least New York license plates but not even.

·
Registered
782 Posts
That is up to Uber good luck trying to deal with them if you call and complain you will get somebody in Indiana that don’t even know where New York is yet alone Long Island this is a shi% ass business

·
Registered
31 Posts
they are not the problem, the problem is the out of state plates ubering around and no one is saying anything about it. I have seen several Florida and Georgia cars all over LI, and many New Jersey too. A basic requirement would be to have at least New York license plates but not even.
Really? I uad no idea you could do that. Maybe I should get florida plates and $50 a month insurance. Could help with expenses..lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.