Uber Drivers Forum banner

Who's picking up the drunks @ .85 cents with no surge

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week no surge at all, just came back on Saturday without an app update.

Like they just flip the light switch.

now from Wednesday we can see the surge, just not get paid on it.

So who's picking up the drunks?

cast your vote so uber can see how we feel because you know they troll this site.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ill do it. Because the drunk people rely on us to get home safely at a cheap price! *insert troll face here*

F that traffic for minimum fares. This sucks because im going out of town in a week and i need extra money and its my luck surge goes out -_-

·
Registered
24 Posts
No surge, and so far no guarantee opt-in email for this weekend. I'll be staying in. I'm just laughing at all these texts asking us to get out on the road, especially for rush hour. Who the heck is driving up or down 75 or 635 between 4-7PM at 10 cents a minute? I'm guessing someone without a calculator.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet after it fails again like it did last Friday night and nobody is out there driving and there's super long wait times they will flip the switch back on and will have surges again tomorrow

·
Registered
3,772 Posts

cast your vote so uber can see how we feel because you know they troll this site.
Holy crap CMB!

What happened?

Have you got some revelation? Or maybe the 'New Driver' honeymoon ended?

Welcome to our World! I am not picking any drunks for a very long time now in Tampa.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Holy crap CMB!

What happened?

Have you got some revelation? Or maybe the 'New Driver' honeymoon ended?

Welcome to our World! I am not picking any drunks for a very long time now in Tampa.
Is there no surge in Tampa? I can deal with drunks when surge is working.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Truth be told I don't really work the drunk crowd anyway I mainly deal with the business travelers but I'm really pissed off about the Surges. I do like surge surfing and that is the best way to make the most money with the least out of pocket cost to you

Uber can play their games with the rate cuts and taking the surges on and off and not telling the truth about it. But at the end of the day I'm always going to average over $20 an hour take home. you can mark my words on that and I have even since the rate cut.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts

They say no but I bet you will see cars on the riders app at 2 am

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Man, if you keep posting screenshots of trips like this I am literally going to cry.
yeah It crazy I can tell a deference since the cuts.Yet uber says if they lowered rates the drivers will make more.That like cutting a full time hourly employee rates and giving him more hour and saying you will make more.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well just tested it Plano is surging sent at request got a 4.7 driver in a Ford Focus

No surge price to rider canceled

Great job uber my 4.94 leathers Camry is at home because of your games.

You can bet the drivers that are out there right now are bottom of the barrel in POS cars.

I thought uber wanted to be better then the cabs.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.