Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Definitely wouldn't accept it could be 3x and still wouldn't. The only time i chance less than 4.5 (only with a surge) is morning rush and normally its fine but most other times I've chanced it in daylight in past there is a big reason why they have a low rating and not worth it when ill get another request. Even 4.5-4.6 can be a pain sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
How do you know the poor schmuck had made only 7 or 8 rides and caught a 1 star rating from a hot head driver? If you don't know the number of total rides the pax has taken the rating is meaningless. Same would apply to drivers in reverse,pax could be prejudiced by a low driver rating if a newbie had a low rating.

·
Registered
656 Posts
4.6 is my general cutoff, if drivers are deactivated below that then I feel riders should be also. I never take less than 4.5. But honestly, I probably would have accepted 3.7 just out of curiosity. :)
I have accepted a few very low ratings out of curiosity and I found each one to be very pleasant. One was an elderly woman who could use a little extra help getting in and out - so it almost made me mad that she was getting low ratings and the others were all of foreign decent including one very pleasant woman from India. None of them tipped, but that is about 99% of all Uber riders anyways. So you can draw your own conclusions. In my experience, the worst riders are the ones with poor, but not off the chart bad, ratings - 4.6 to 4.75 seems to be the sweet spot there.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have accepted a few very low ratings out of curiosity and I found each one to be very pleasant. One was an elderly woman who could use a little extra help getting in and out - so it almost made me mad that she was getting low ratings and the others were all of foreign decent including one very pleasant woman from India. None of them tipped, but that is about 99% of all Uber riders anyways. So you can draw your own conclusions. In my experience, the worst riders are the ones with poor, but not off the chart bad, ratings - 4.6 to 4.75 seems to be the sweet spot there.
It's not hard to figuere out. Low low ratings are probably caused by a limited number of trips. 4.63 4.71 and all those type of numbers are riders who have been less than desirable for more than one driver.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I never look at the passenger ratings when accepting the fare-- I look at location of the pick-up and decide-- location is my only criteria. (In my market I will consider going 18 minutes out (especially between 8 and 10PM) as more often than not they are coming into the city for the bars, so it will be 20 minute fare; the more we fill up the city, the higher the surge at last call driving these shmucks home.

There should be notes drivers can leave passengers so they can identify why they receive low ratings. (Similar to the 'navigation', 'professionalism', 'vehicle condition', etc which passengers are able to choose from). Lowering the rating because of no tip does nothing to change the behavior- passenger does not know that is why the rating dropped. The absence of tips is Uber's fault, not the passengers!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
1.5 surge? I'd chance it.
The six minutes away would be a bigger concern for me

I've found this largely to be true. I got stuck in Mattapan one morning (ride was from Cambridge) and it was surging so I decided to make the most of it. Most if not all the rides were 4.5 or less. All of them were either extremely pleasant or simply used their phones the entire ride. All got five stars from me.

There is most definitely some racism at play in how Uber passengers are rated.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
There should be notes drivers can leave passengers so they can identify why they receive low ratings. (Similar to the 'navigation', 'professionalism', 'vehicle condition', etc which passengers are able to choose from). Lowering the rating because of no tip does nothing to change the behavior- passenger does not know that is why the rating dropped. The absence of tips is Uber's fault, not the passengers!
The whole badge thing is bougus anyway. Uber thinks we like it when we get a badge. I can't buy gas with a badge... etc. even if you get dinged with a complaint it doesn't matter. It's all about the stars. I hear the people that say it's tough to see the star rating, especially if your driving at the time. Btw their is a way to comment "my rider was unpleasant". If you complain enough they say they will never match you with them again. If I accepted a rider with a rating that low and they were talkative I might ask them why their rating is so low.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I think i had around 10 rides with uber to go to places like hospital. Last time the driver gave me 1 star, because, he picked me up from my address and went to wrong address to drop me off. I said that was not my destination and i gave to him directions. He dropped me off and he said ' you are Marry right? I said 'do i look like Marry?'. It seems he was not able to use the app and missed to pick up another pool rider whose name was Marry lol. He blamed me, he knew i am also driving on uber. My rider rating is now 4.4 which i dont care as i dont care my driver rating. Because rating system is unfair for everybody and must be considered as a tool for the drivers to be more careful to deal with a rider.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
One time i accepted a women at 500 congress st boston to beacon somervill 4.5, she ride with a black dog and the dog oder stay in my car forever.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
The six minutes away would be a bigger concern for me

I've found this largely to be true. I got stuck in Mattapan one morning (ride was from Cambridge) and it was surging so I decided to make the most of it. Most if not all the rides were 4.5 or less. All of them were either extremely pleasant or simply used their phones the entire ride. All got five stars from me.

There is most definitely some racism at play in how Uber passengers are rated.
I don't think it is racist to try to avoid rides to the hood.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Every time I pick up a pax with a low rating I had to gave them a one star as well.Becouse they would do something to piss me off. So in most cases the rating dont lie. low rating means bad pax, High rating means good pax.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.