Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I wonder if Uber will provide free rides for them tonight, or succumb to greed and rip them off? Place your bets.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I think I'm going back to weekdays. No surges, sure, but midday traffic isn't bad and the chances for airport runs are a lot higher. These $4.00 trips that take 20 minutes are crazy. Fewer competing drivers, too.

I haven't tried AM rush being a lifelong night owl.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm going back to weekdays. No surges, sure, but midday traffic isn't bad and the chances for airport runs are a lot higher. These $4.00 trips that take 20 minutes are crazy. Fewer competing drivers, too.

I haven't tried AM rush being a lifelong night owl.
Same here I have wanted to try a.m. but can never seem to get up lol.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Same here I'm thinking about going home.
Too many drivers, despite what Uber claims, and they all seem to work during events. I saw a few surges around the intersection of South Loop and South Freeway, but they didn't last long. My experience is those are from apartments around Holly Hall for trips to Fiesta Foods or Target.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too many drivers, despite what Uber claims, and they all seem to work during events. I saw a few surges around the intersection of South Loop and South Freeway, but they didn't last long. My experience is those are from apartments around Holly Hall for trips to Fiesta Foods or Target.
Yep I know exactly where your talking about I saw the same surge I gave up chasing surge zones a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Only time that is worthwhile is early morning (4:30-6:00 AM) for airport runs.
Nope, that's not even worth it. You should be making $50 after all expenses for airport runs. But this country is turning into Venezuela so running a profitable operation is just unrealistic these days. USA = Slavery.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Tell me about it, man...construction's always a nightmare.
The city is finally working on the streets, but it's because of the Super Bowl.

Southbound Kirby just north of Bissonnet, and Bissonnet for a block each direction from Kirby are a mess right now. And don't even get me started about Main St from the traffic circle to Kirby.

Maybe I'll start a roadwork thread later, but I've worked up a thirst and a six pack of Dos Equis is in my future.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Nope, that's not even worth it. You should be making $50 after all expenses for airport runs. But this country is turning into Venezuela so running a profitable operation is just unrealistic these days. USA = Slavery.
The Silicon Valley Technocrats are the 21st century version of the Robber Barons.

Secede!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
luckily I got out of the Montrose area ended up at the Galleria. Galleria to Bush there are tons of drivers here. have not seen a surge.... all the hype email did a great job got everybody out I work a alot.... seems like the normal search areas of the heights Midtown Montrose going away Galleria things always surges on the a.m. then you're stuck in traffic on 59....

·
Registered
215 Posts
The city is finally working on the streets, but it's because of the Super Bowl.

Southbound Kirby just north of Bissonnet, and Bissonnet for a block each direction from Kirby are a mess right now. And don't even get me started about Main St from the traffic circle to Kirby.

Maybe I'll start a roadwork thread later, but I've worked up a thirst and a six pack of Dos Equis is in my future.
I'd second that with a couple of Heineken or Bud 6's, depending on how well my week closes.

·
Registered
215 Posts
But I usually do. I made $50 bucks last night...in 2 hours (5 trips....no surges). Trust me that I wouldn't bother if I couldn't.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I was going home got a pax from close to home back to rice university 30 miles made 27 bucks and change. That means I made 80 bucks for Friday and Saturday just sad.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts