Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a ride to the airport. Get no more than 1 block and a rider dumps his whole coffee in the back on the floor and seat. I mopped up what I could right when it happened then took detailed photos and video and sent to Uber after they exited. I didn't think it was a big deal cause it was still dark out but once I got it in the light you could see it for sure. The seat was soaked and the floor looked nasty along with the fact it smelled like I was a barista on wheels. I headed to the detail center to get it cleaned right away today so not only am I out $120.00 (out of pocket currently) for the interior clean but I missed out on about $150 -$200 this morning cause the seat was wet and couldn't take anymore riders today. This is a first after about 6 months of driving.

Crossing my fingers Uber will pull through on this.

Anyone else have someone spill a drink or yack in their vehicle?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did have a Lyft PAX open my door really hard into a fire hydrant leaving a dent last year.
I was able to get about $150 as a 'damage bonus', but that wasn't even close to enough to get it fixed as the paint was chipped as well as the ding.

Also, last Saturday I was taking a couple home after bar close, and the dude was struggling while his GF was laying on his lap. He kept opening the window asking for the music to be turned up... then as we exited the freeway he is tapping me on the shoulder with his cheeks all puffed up. I'm like ?"what? i'm driving, i can't turn around and talk to you..." then in dawned on me that he was going to puke.
I pulled over and he coughed it up on the sidewalk. Gave him some tissue (which he wadded up and left in the back seat) and brought them home.
Could have been worse, but this is why i rarely drive bar close... it is only a matter of time

Sounds like you did the right thing, and got documentation. They should reimburse. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Had a ride to the airport. Get no more than 1 block and a rider dumps his whole coffee in the back on the floor and seat. I mopped up what I could right when it happened then took detailed photos and video and sent to Uber after they exited. I didn't think it was a big deal cause it was still dark out but once I got it in the light you could see it for sure. The seat was soaked and the floor looked nasty along with the fact it smelled like I was a barista on wheels. I headed to the detail center to get it cleaned right away today so not only am I out $120.00 (out of pocket currently) for the interior clean but I missed out on about $150 -$200 this morning cause the seat was wet and couldn't take anymore riders today. This is a first after about 6 months of driving.

Crossing my fingers Uber will pull through on this.

Anyone else have someone spill a drink or yack in their vehicle?
Get ready for the $80 cleaning fee.

Uber now only has 3 options:
$20, $80, and $150 max now company wide.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had a coffee spill -not a full cup - but made the car smell for a while, took a while for it to fade (after vigorous cleaning). She did leave a 20 tip which was my first...

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If you are local in the Twin Cities and need a detailer for the inside and outside of your vehicle hit me up via PM. Jus
I had a coffee spill -not a full cup - but made the car smell for a while, took a while for it to fade (after vigorous cleaning). She did leave a 20 tip which was my first...
$80.00 bucks reimbursement from Uber and I had the local detailer clean out my vehicle for $120.00. The vehicle looks and smells brand new on the inside. I think I am going to get this done every 6 months to keep in fresh inside. A good interior detail does wonders. Also my Weathertech Floor Mats will be here in the morning tomm. Looking forward to getting these in before it gets too sloppy this fall and winter.

After reading through the info on people spilling stuff in your car I guess you cannot take riders for at least a hour or longer after the incident otherwise Uber won't reimburse you. So keep this in mind if the seat is wet or something call it a day take photos and get your cleaning fee processed with good photos and take a video on the spot also. Don't let slobs F up your ride.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you are local in the Twin Cities and need a detailer for the inside and outside of your Also my Weathertech Floor Mats will be here in the morning tomm. Looking forward to getting these in before it gets too sloppy this fall and winter.
I got a set for my truck about 5 years ago. I can't believe I went so long without them. You lift them up every now and then to clean and there is a pristine, factory new looking floor under there. Feels amazing in MN to have that. Also saves my floors from my daughter's occasional spills and grinding crumbs/food into the carpet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts