·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropping pax off at SAN this morning, and saw a major wreck right before
Terminal 1 entry. It happened right before I got there, because Harbor Police
weren't even on scene yet.

The accident was BAD, and involved one Lyft, one Uber, and a someone's
minivan as well. 3 cars in total. The Lyft and Uber were in REALLY bad shape.

How you get into a 3 car pile up, with at least one of the cars completely totaled
in a 35 mph zone is beyond me, but these idiots managed to do it.

Sorry for the not-so-great pics. After I dropped off my pax and had a chance to swing
back around and get a shot, Harbor Police and EMS everywhere, so didn't want to
go overboard and cause another wreck or something...

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
The other day I was in the proper lane for going to Terminal 2...all of a sudden an Uber car switches lane from Terminal 1 to get access to Terminal 2 and alertly I slid over one lane to avoid the fender bender. But seriously drivers are you going to risk a crash so you don't miss your exit....take it around and let the pax know you missed your exit and wanted to keep them safe. They will appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
The other day I was in the proper lane for going to Terminal 2...all of a sudden an Uber car switches lane from Terminal 1 to get access to Terminal 2 and alertly I slid over one lane to avoid the fender bender. But seriously drivers are you going to risk a crash so you don't miss your exit....take it around and let the pax know you missed your exit and wanted to keep them safe. They will appreciate it!
I hate when people are in a hurry to get no where

·
Registered
207 Posts
What surprises me is this doesnt happen more often....drivers working the airport (including uber, lyft, taxis, shuttles), especially early AM airport rush, like to drive with 0 regard for those around them. I am always on extra alert driving the airport area, lots of people merging without looking.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've seen a lot of bad driving by Lyft/Uber drivers lately. If you don't drive well, maybe don't try to do it "professionally". Yesterday while I was parked waiting for my next ride, an Uber driver drove past me then pulled over to the wrong side of the street to pick up a pax. If I was waiting for a ride and that happened, I would have cancelled and requested another driver.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've seen a lot of bad driving by Lyft/Uber drivers lately. If you don't drive well, maybe don't try to do it "professionally". Yesterday while I was parked waiting for my next ride, an Uber driver drove past me then pulled over to the wrong side of the street to pick up a pax. If I was waiting for a ride and that happened, I would have cancelled and requested another driver.
So, you will drive up 6 blocks so you can make a legit U-Turn? What side of street is "wrong" side to pick up a passenger?

Crazy drivers abound. Haven't seen much worse from Uber/Lyft drivers than the "professional" drivers of Cabs and Limo's.

Lesson of the accident at SAN ... Two of three cars involved are TNC. Tells me there are too many drivers, and, perhaps they aren't watching driving records so much.

·
Registered
298 Posts
So, you will drive up 6 blocks so you can make a legit U-Turn? What side of street is "wrong" side to pick up a passenger?
Tells me there are too many drivers, and, perhaps they aren't watching driving records so much.
I do my best to drive within the laws. Yes, I flip occasion illegal U-turns when it is safe.
I guess I was a little unclear. I was parked on the right side of a 2 way street. Driver drove past me then pulled over to the left curb to pick up (AKA the wrong side of the street) Had the driver done a U-Turn, they would have been on the correct side facing the legal direction. (not into oncoming traffic)

Yes, there are way too many drivers, and a lot of poor ones at that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts