Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up Pax about noon today at terminal 4. She needs to be in Fontana California by 6 p.m.All flights to L.A. Cancelled. Pax doesn't want to rent car.

$250 my cut after Uber's $100 fee

$120 Tip

$50 Gas round trip

11 hours turnaround.

$429 total today.

Who else would do this trip?? I think it was foolish

Pax told me that Uber tried to close her at $700. She told them No and they charged her regular rate!!!

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Picked up Pax about noon today at terminal 4. She needs to be in Fontana California by 6 p.m.All flights to L.A. Cancelled. Pax doesn't want to rent car.

$120 Tip

$50 Gas round trip

11 hours turnaround.

$429 total today.

Pax told me that Uber tried to close her at $700. She told them No and they charged her regular rate!!!
What do you mean close her at $700 and she told who no?

Also if I knew the $120 tip was coming my way I would. Otherwise nope.

Long trips like that with no possibility of a return trip is the only time I would have them cancel the ride and just pay the entire fare to me. Too many miles to deadhead back for them to take 25% off the top. That 25% gets me back home.

·
Registered
969 Posts

$120 Tip

$50 Gas round trip

11 hours turnaround.

$429 total today.

Looks like you snagged up a juciy one not bad at all next best bet would be to stay logged in driving back to PHX. :cool:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

$120 Tip

$50 Gas round trip

11 hours turnaround.

$429 total today.

No way bro I would do this for less than $700 cash screw the app at this point.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you mean close her at $700 and she told who no?

Also if I knew the $120 tip was coming my way I would. Otherwise nope.

Long trips like that with no possibility of a return trip is the only time I would have them cancel the ride and just pay the entire fare to me. Too many miles to deadhead back for them to take 25% off the top. That 25% gets me back home.
I think Uber tried to charger her 2.0 surge.

·
Registered
672 Posts

$120 Tip

$50 Gas round trip

11 hours turnaround.

$429 total today.

I would do it but only off the app and upfront payment.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Question for those of you who said you'd do it off app...what about insurance coverage? If you had an accident, do you really think the pax would not sue you? Do you really believe they wouldn't say they called Uber but worked out a private deal with you? You'd be screwed, not worth the risk in my opinion.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Question for those of you who said you'd do it off app...what about insurance coverage? If you had an accident, do you really think the pax would not sue you? Do you really believe they wouldn't say they called Uber but worked out a private deal with you? You'd be screwed, not worth the risk in my opinion.
Well since its off the app and all cash there is no record of it. So my normal car insurance would cover it and they just gave me gas money to take them there. So it would not be an issue for me at least.

·
Registered
86 Posts

$120 Tip

$50 Gas round trip

11 hours turnaround.

$429 total today.

And I thought Uber and Lyft stop charging at a certain point? I remember someone on here posting that they did an all day ride around Phx and they only got a portion of 250 even though it should of been much higher.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh I guess its Lyft that limits the fee not Uber. I found this on Ubers support area.

Are there trip limits on time and distance?
While Uber doesn't limit the distance you can travel on a trip, trips may automatically end after 4 hours. When this is about to happen, the driver is notified by the partner app.

Please let drivers know if you're planning to travel a long distance. Many drivers need to make the return trip home after reaching your destination, and it's polite to give them a warning of a long trip.

If you'd like to continue after a trip automatically ends, please request a new ride. As a nearby vehicle, your driver may receive this new trip request.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I respectfully disagree. There's a record of the pax ordering the ride, a record of you accepting the ride, a record of you (via navigation) of having arrived for the pickup, and a record of the cancellation after arrival. In this sue happy world we live in, the pax would never tell the same story of only giving you gas money. They would sue you and Uber and say what they needed to get the big settlement.
I realize the chance of an accident or other incident is slim, but for me the risk makes it a no go.
Good luck to you, though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was curious was the cost would be and its not as high as I thought it would be. And depending on the car rental, uberX is lower than a one way rental.

Pricing

Get a fare estimate

• Sky Harbor Airport Terminal 4, Phoenix, AZ
  • Fontana, CA
  • UberBLACK
    $1,067-1,421
  • UberSUV
    $1,340-1,782
  • uberX
    $296-394
  • uberXL
    $499-664
  • uberSELECT
  • $669-890
  • *Estimate based on Phoenix rates and options. Fares may vary due to traffic, weather, and other factors. Estimate does not include flat rates,

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was curious was the cost would be and its not as high as I thought it would be. And depending on the car rental, uberX is lower than a one way rental.

Pricing

Get a fare estimate

• Sky Harbor Airport Terminal 4, Phoenix, AZ
  • Fontana, CA
  • UberBLACK
    $1,067-1,421
  • UberSUV
    $1,340-1,782
  • uberX
    $296-394
  • uberXL
    $499-664
  • uberSELECT
  • $669-890
  • *Estimate based on Phoenix rates and options. Fares may vary due to traffic, weather, and other factors. Estimate does not include flat rates,
My lady was in her mid to late 60s and said she didnt want to drive by herself. I caught the CA storm about 10 miles from my destination. Leaving, I had to out run the storm and it was rush hour. I got to my house at 11.30 last night

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
If somebody will tell me how to post a screen shot, I will show the trip. My cut was $250 plus $120 tip!!!
You click Upload a File and upload the file. Also I don't doubt the $250 part. I did the trip estimate and that makes sense. I doubt the story of the 2x surge and that she fought it. Maybe she just waited till the price went down.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts