Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine was an Indian guy from London that was going to jfk, we chatted on the way to JFK and he asked me how I'm making a living at these rates with all the tolls I'm paying, at the end of the trip I pulled his luggage out and he thanked me and told me that he gave me a tip already on the app, on the way back I didn't see any tip added on the uber app. :(

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Mine was an Indian guy from London that was going to jfk, we chatted on the way to JFK and he asked me how I'm making a living at these rates with all the tolls I'm paying, at the end of the trip I pulled his luggage out and he thanked me and told me that he gave me a tip already on the app, on the way back I didn't see any tip added on the uber app. :(
Did you tell him that he would actually be paying any tolls, not you?

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Wrong. Uber pays $20 to go to NYC. When you going back - toll is yours (Verrazano, Triboro, etc.. or NJ Tpke) if toll road is taken..
Exactly the reason why I refuse all JFK runs.

(well, that and the fact that the Belt sucks and we're so deep into NY and deadhead all the way back. Just an empty, souless ride)

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
My best friend lori who gave me a $20.00 tip.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
My first ride was to the airport with a backup wide receiver for the New York Jets. He was staying around the same place as me at the time. Very nice guy, he sat up front and once we were on the highway he didn't say much, I think he fell asleep at some point. He had google maps open to make sure we were going the right way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts