Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who actually wants to be an uber employee I know I would rather remain independent, but this job pays verylittle and puts drivers in a bad spot on insurance and car wear and tear. Tell us why you wanna be an employee and what you want the most from being one.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I do so I can get unemployment if and when Uber fires me
So they pay half of the social security taxes o have to pay
So that they cannot just up and disconnect me from the app
So they are obligated to provide me with minimum wage for those times that I don't even make minimum wage
So they will have to get me properly insured against accidents and on the job hazards
So I will not have to drive unsafe amount of hours to make chump change
So they will have to reimburse me for mileage (even pizza guys get that because they're employees)
And the list goes on and on
I wish they would cap the number of cars too
This company used to be called UberCab and when it comes to regulation they're oh so different

You obviously work for Uber or just are plain ignorant if you're just coming to the conclusion that you'll have a schedule to work if you become an employee

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Who actually wants to be an uber employee I know I would rather remain independent, but this job pays verylittle and puts drivers in a bad spot on insurance and car wear and tear. Tell us why you wanna be an employee and what you want the most from being one.
I want to be reimbursed for my expenses from the day I started driving for Uber. It's a huge number.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do so I can get unemployment if and when Uber fires me
So they pay half of the social security taxes o have to pay
So that they cannot just up and disconnect me from the app
So they are obligated to provide me with minimum wage for those times that I don't even make minimum wage
So they will have to get me properly insured against accidents and on the job hazards
So I will not have to drive unsafe amount of hours to make chump change
So they will have to reimburse me for mileage (even pizza guys get that because they're employees)
And the list goes on and on
I wish they would cap the number of cars too
This company used to be called UberCab and when it comes to regulation they're oh so different

You obviously work for Uber or just are plain ignorant if you're just coming to the conclusion that you'll have a schedule to work if you become an employee
Edit: can't post a link so look up: "uber said they would schedule drivers if they became employees" it's the forbes article (first one)

Uber stated they would have set schedules for drivers if they become employees, which only makes sense.

You can't have the best of both. But having schedules would fulfill your desire for a cap on cars during a given time or location.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Uber will have to pay for all the drivers working time and overtime plus expenses and car maintenance in case the drivers become employees.
IMO, uber will eliminate at least 50% of the drivers. They will be a lot less drivers available.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
All in all, it would be a good thing. You don't drive a sustainable economy with semi-employed workers. In the long-run good jobs at decent wages is always better for everyone.

A national dependent worker classification might be a good thing though for people who want completely flexible jobs - but they should be paying the social security and in my view, contributing more to insurance costs. Uber rates are artifically cheap because of the huge insurance hole - you're not really covered by your personal insurance when looking for riders because if they find out you're doing it, you're going to get cancelled. The insurance companies will eventually be the force that forces more regulation.

Can't raise standards of living if no one gets a raise...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts