Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Who is coughing/sneezing? Add your data here. Please no joking.

3K views 54 replies 28 participants last post by  Alantc 
#1 ·
I'm leaving here a record of the times a passenger coughs or sneezes in my vehicle.
Some of these will be common colds and seasonal flu, but I'm looking for changes that could signal the presence of the 2019 coronavirus.
Add your data in a similar fashion, and we'll be more aware of trends on the ground where we live.

Gainesville, FL

1/26 9 hours - 1 single cough
1/27
1/28
1/29
1/30
1/31

#2 ·
Pittsburgh Pa, only airport runs.

1/26 10 hours - 4 coughs, 2 sneezes.

Will keep you updated. This coronavirus is no joke.

I am now wearing gloves when handling pax's luggage. I will keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in the car. I will use disinfectant wipes after every ride to clean the back seat.

To anyone who is Asian, I'm wearing a hazmat suit around you.

Be safe out there people.

-Jerry

#3 · (Edited)
Last night I had one pax sneezing and blowing his nose a lot. I coughed a bit between rides for the last few weeks but suppress coughs when pax is absent. Cough almost gone now. My sickness started around Jan 8 so it is not coronavirus, although it did involve fever, sore throat, and lots of coughing. Lost my voice for like 4 days and didnt do much driving for several days. Lots of regular non deadly bugs going around. One of my regular passengers said several of her usual drivers have been sick.

#13 ·
I've been sneezing lately. It's that time of year.

I haven't driven for U/L for a few months though. Been busy with a consulting project. I got so busy that I stopped doing housework, and I think the dust is bothering me. (I'm pretty sensitive to household dust.)

Just got to a stopping point now finally. It's not over yet, but at least I can think about housework again. I'm glad my Significant Other hasn't gone on a hunger strike yet.

#16 ·
but at least I can think about housework again. I'm glad my Significant Other hasn't gone on a hunger strike yet.
Wow you think you know someone from reading their posts over the years. Sounds like you are "owning" the housework and if it's not done your husband has the right to be mad. Did you try handing him a mop or broom and tell him to pitch in? Tell him to hire a cleaning lady?

Wish my wife thought like you.:laugh:

#21 ·
I've been sneezing lately. It's that time of year.

I haven't driven for U/L for a few months though. Been busy with a consulting project. I got so busy that I stopped doing housework, and I think the dust is bothering me. (I'm pretty sensitive to household dust.)

Just got to a stopping point now finally. It's not over yet, but at least I can think about housework again. I'm glad my Significant Other hasn't gone on a hunger strike yet.
No vacations to China?

#23 · (Edited)
I've noticed an uptick and sneezing and coughing, to be honest. Yesterday I saw both a sneezing fit and a coughing fit from two different passengers. Today, a passenger had a repeating "dry cough." What makes it difficult is you have to remember this is also cold and flu season.
Having thought this through, I'm realizing the only way to win this game is to assume everyone has a virus to share.
Be very careful to remember if your hands have been washed before you touch your face. Hand sanitizer doesn't work, you need soap and water to physically wash this virus off your skin.
In my car, when a passenger has a sneezing or coughing fit I put on my surgical mask just as a safety protocol. I'm assuming it will get worse here at the University, and I'm getting the right habits in place now.
Every day to start my driving shift I disinfect my car's door handles, seat belt buckles, and other surfaces frequently touched by passengers with a type of Lysol that has an active ingredient of ammonium chloride. The EPA has confirmed that many products based on ammonium chloride are effective with a 3-minute kill rate against SARS. When a passenger has a coughing or sneezing fit I'll drive them to their destination with my mask on, drop them off, and drive a bit with the windows down. Then I'll stop and wipe down the surfaces they sneezed on with the Lysol. It may seem obsessive to some, and have yourself some fun ridiculing me, but at least I'm finding a way to survive without contracting a dangerous virus.
Here at the University it's a giant petri dish. Because of the extreme crowding in the bars and nightclubs, when one student gets a cold here, they all have it a week later. I've already been hearing about incidents where a student coming home from China was sick and took the day off, and his female co-student woke up the next day with a sore throat. The UF staff supervisor when told about it declared it the common cold, and not worthy of note. There's our last line of defense.
I'm forecasting an outbreak of the novel Coronavirus here at UF in a week or so. We'll see. I would expect the universities nationwide to be a logical point of propagation, with many Chinese students returning from holiday.

#34 ·
Uber Driver Log
Stardate: 02/03/2020 12:41 Hours

No unusual signs of coughing or sneezing has been detected. Systems are on full alert, facial masks are positioned at all portal entries. Lysol spray and wipes are strategically placed. Extra long rubber gloves have been procured for anal exams if necessary. All PAX are shot in head with instant read thermometer before portal doors are opened.

Reactions: tohunt4me
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.