Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
I've been sneezing lately. It's that time of year.

I haven't driven for U/L for a few months though. Been busy with a consulting project. I got so busy that I stopped doing housework, and I think the dust is bothering me. (I'm pretty sensitive to household dust.)

Just got to a stopping point now finally. It's not over yet, but at least I can think about housework again. I'm glad my Significant Other hasn't gone on a hunger strike yet.
No vacations to China?

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I've noticed an uptick and sneezing and coughing, to be honest. Yesterday I saw both a sneezing fit and a coughing fit from two different passengers. Today, a passenger had a repeating "dry cough." What makes it difficult is you have to remember this is also cold and flu season.
Having thought this through, I'm realizing the only way to win this game is to assume everyone has a virus to share.
Be very careful to remember if your hands have been washed before you touch your face. Hand sanitizer doesn't work, you need soap and water to physically wash this virus off your skin.
In my car, when a passenger has a sneezing or coughing fit I put on my surgical mask just as a safety protocol. I'm assuming it will get worse here at the University, and I'm getting the right habits in place now.
Every day to start my driving shift I disinfect my car's door handles, seat belt buckles, and other surfaces frequently touched by passengers with a type of Lysol that has an active ingredient of ammonium chloride. The EPA has confirmed that many products based on ammonium chloride are effective with a 3-minute kill rate against SARS. When a passenger has a coughing or sneezing fit I'll drive them to their destination with my mask on, drop them off, and drive a bit with the windows down. Then I'll stop and wipe down the surfaces they sneezed on with the Lysol. It may seem obsessive to some, and have yourself some fun ridiculing me, but at least I'm finding a way to survive without contracting a dangerous virus.
Here at the University it's a giant petri dish. Because of the extreme crowding in the bars and nightclubs, when one student gets a cold here, they all have it a week later. I've already been hearing about incidents where a student coming home from China was sick and took the day off, and his female co-student woke up the next day with a sore throat. The UF staff supervisor when told about it declared it the common cold, and not worthy of note. There's our last line of defense.
I'm forecasting an outbreak of the novel Coronavirus here at UF in a week or so. We'll see. I would expect the universities nationwide to be a logical point of propagation, with many Chinese students returning from holiday.

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
You know I haven’t had the Flu in 5 years and I’ve never gotten the Flu Shot either but I’m very careful in public settings and wash my hands many times a day.

·
Premium Member
9,447 Posts
Some dude on another thread touched pee the other night. Does that count?

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
I had Thai food last night and my lungs don't quite feel right this morning. Stomach and intensines are OK.

I should add that last month I was in India where I was coughing frequently and my bowels were going like I was prepping for a colonoscopy :eek:

·
Premium Member
63,132 Posts
I had Thai food last night and my lungs don't quite feel right this morning. Stomach and intensines are OK.

I should add that last month I was in India where I was coughing frequently and my bowels were going like I was prepping for a colonoscopy :eek:
Was it BAT SOUP ?

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
7,177 Posts
Uber Driver Log
Stardate: 02/03/2020 12:41 Hours

No unusual signs of coughing or sneezing has been detected. Systems are on full alert, facial masks are positioned at all portal entries. Lysol spray and wipes are strategically placed. Extra long rubber gloves have been procured for anal exams if necessary. All PAX are shot in head with instant read thermometer before portal doors are opened.

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I'm leaving here a record of the times a passenger coughs or sneezes in my vehicle.
Some of these will be common colds and seasonal flu, but I'm looking for changes that could signal the presence of the 2019 coronavirus.
Add your data in a similar fashion, and we'll be more aware of trends on the ground where we live.

Gainesville, FL

1/26 9 hours - 1 single cough
1/27
1/28
1/29
1/30
1/31
Are you serious?? Are you that paranoid? There's been like 10 cases in the us out if 300 million people. If you don't have an underlying health conditions even if you get it you'll most likely be fine. Be more afraid of the flu, it's killed 10,000 so far this year in the US. Further, typically type A starts in fall then B. This year it's reverse and it's starting to pick up again. I'm much more afraid of that than the cornavirus. When there's 10,000 cases in the US then I'll pay attention a little bit. You're also in Gainesville, are there even any Chinese there? I always thought it was old whites.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Gainesville is home to University of Florida. Most of the foreign students here seem to be Chinese. Quite often my passengers are speaking Mandarin.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts