Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving here a record of the times a passenger coughs or sneezes in my vehicle.
Some of these will be common colds and seasonal flu, but I'm looking for changes that could signal the presence of the 2019 coronavirus.
Add your data in a similar fashion, and we'll be more aware of trends on the ground where we live.

Gainesville, FL

1/26 9 hours - 1 single cough
1/27
1/28
1/29
1/30
1/31

·
Registered
248 Posts
Pittsburgh Pa, only airport runs.

1/26 10 hours - 4 coughs, 2 sneezes.

Will keep you updated. This coronavirus is no joke.

I am now wearing gloves when handling pax's luggage. I will keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in the car. I will use disinfectant wipes after every ride to clean the back seat.

To anyone who is Asian, I'm wearing a hazmat suit around you.

Be safe out there people.

-Jerry

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
Last night I had one pax sneezing and blowing his nose a lot. I coughed a bit between rides for the last few weeks but suppress coughs when pax is absent. Cough almost gone now. My sickness started around Jan 8 so it is not coronavirus, although it did involve fever, sore throat, and lots of coughing. Lost my voice for like 4 days and didnt do much driving for several days. Lots of regular non deadly bugs going around. One of my regular passengers said several of her usual drivers have been sick.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Last night I had one pax sneezing and blowing his nose a lot. I coughed a bit between rides for the last few weeks but suppress coughs when pax is absent. Cough almost gone now. My sickness started around Jan 8 so it is not coronavirus, although it did involve fever, sore throat, and lots of coughing. Lost my voice for like 4 days and didnt do much driving for several days. Lots of regular non deadly bugs going around. One of my regular passengers said several of her usual drivers have been sick.
How did you become a moderator and do they pay you.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the updates, guys. I was hoping to add to my original post about drivers strategies but I see you lose the ability to edit after some time.

Nice suggestion on the gloves for luggage.

·
Premium Member
11,690 Posts
I'm leaving here a record of the times a passenger coughs or sneezes in my vehicle.
Some of these will be common colds and seasonal flu, but I'm looking for changes that could signal the presence of the 2019 coronavirus.
Add your data in a similar fashion, and we'll be more aware of trends on the ground where we live.

Gainesville, FL

1/27
1/28
1/29
1/30
1/31
There's a reason why medical authorities track the progress of outbreaks by means of the number of measured cases confirmed by molecular tests to detect viral RNA. Rather than sneeze counts on an internet message board.

🤣 :big grin: :rollseyes: :roflmao:

·
Banned
3,088 Posts

Gainesville, FL

1/27
1/28
1/29
1/30
1/31
No seriously it's ok to....ummm GET A LIFE...

·
Premium Member
19,592 Posts

Gainesville, FL

1/27
1/28
1/29
1/30
1/31
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

·
Premium Member
7,986 Posts
I've been sneezing lately. It's that time of year.

I haven't driven for U/L for a few months though. Been busy with a consulting project. I got so busy that I stopped doing housework, and I think the dust is bothering me. (I'm pretty sensitive to household dust.)

Just got to a stopping point now finally. It's not over yet, but at least I can think about housework again. I'm glad my Significant Other hasn't gone on a hunger strike yet.

·
Registered
687 Posts
You should be more worried about getting an incurable disease such as HIV/AIDS. I’m not afraid of anything that can be cured

·
Premium Member
63,043 Posts

Gainesville, FL

1/27
1/28
1/29
1/30
1/31
OBVIOUSLY

YOU CAR IS MAKING PASSENGERS SICK !!!

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
but at least I can think about housework again. I'm glad my Significant Other hasn't gone on a hunger strike yet.
Wow you think you know someone from reading their posts over the years. Sounds like you are "owning" the housework and if it's not done your husband has the right to be mad. Did you try handing him a mop or broom and tell him to pitch in? Tell him to hire a cleaning lady?

Wish my wife thought like you.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
How did you become a moderator and do they pay you.
Unlike driving for Uber, the pay is such that there is no possibility of reporting a loss to the IRS.

Becoming a moderator is like every other job I've worked. It starts with initiation. They choose you, and then ask you to do something terrible to an innocent member in order to prove your loyalty.

This is how you know driving for Uber is not a real job. Complete lack of initiation process. You'd think in order to be accepted for Uber we'd have to light a taxi on fire or something.

·
Premium Member
7,986 Posts
Sounds like you are "owning" the housework and if it's not done your husband has the right to be mad
Well, not exactly mad. But I have been apologetic about it recently. The reason I have been is that I volunteered to do the housework a couple of years ago.

First, because I was retiring from full time work, while my S.O. is still working long hours. Second, because I actually don't mind doing it.

Even before I retired, I was working from home most of the time. At one point, my boss asked me to start going to the office one day per week. His predecessor (my previous boss) encouraged us to work from home ALL the time. Said we were more productive working from home. And I think he was right.

What's a good way to take a break from writing endless reports? Vacuum a couple of rooms! Or load the dishwasher. Clean the bathroom mirrors or counters. Seriously.

Okay, maybe that wouldn't work for you. But it did (and does) work for me.

Oh, forgot to add...

I was the one who nixed hiring a person to do cleaning. The S.O. suggested it when we moved into this house 13 years ago. Nope, don't want that, I'll take care of the cleaning work, thank you very much. That's another reason for me apologizing for letting things slide recently.

·
Premium Member
63,043 Posts
Unlike driving for Uber, the pay is such that there is no possibility of reporting a loss to the IRS.

Becoming a moderator is like every other job I've worked. It starts with initiation. They choose you, and then ask you to do something terrible to an innocent member in order to prove your loyalty.

This is how you know driving for Uber is not a real job. Complete lack of initiation process. You'd think in order to be accepted for Uber we'd have to light a taxi on fire or something.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts