Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who if anyone is actually striking for Super Bowl Sunday? I put in 8 hours on Monday came away with $40.00 and was on the other side of town from my house at 3:00 am. Before the rate cuts this would/should have been a $80-100 night. More so because of the Spurs game, which I have yet to see surge pricing at for the last few games.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I haven't accepted any trips since the rate cuts...today will be no different. Unfortunately, it seems that there are those who are either oblivious to the changes, desperate for the little money to be had, or hanging in hoping for better days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I only did 2 trips yesterday. I picked up a group from the Spurs game last night during the surge pricing, and I picked up another couple on the way home then shut off my uber app shortly before midnight. I haven't been online all day today due to the strike. My son has been checking his uber rider app today and there is no shortage of uber drivers here. I'm going back online at midnight because I just got hit with a $25 charge for gas so I need to make up the deficit. My husband just lost his job Friday, so these uber rate cuts are occurring at the most inopportune time. My son just got approved to drive for Lyft. Friday night he drove for both uber and Lyft. He only made $40 driving for uber but over $100 on 4 Lyft rides. I'll soon be driving for Lyft.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
SAT drivers should consider launching their own #SlowDown ... http://bitly.com/atxslow

60% of the 200+ drivers we spoke to over the past week didn't know that Uber had reduced the driver income ... so far, we have over 250 drivers committed to the #SlowDown this weekend. You can get the poster here - http://qpn.me/u/poster

Reactions: SATX
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.