Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Don't have one

WOULD like a more noticeable trade dress like the old pink one or a glostache, tho, the current sticker one does NOT catch eyes well enough....and the bluetooth thing for amp seems undesirable

With the low visibility new sticker, cops and security actually wonder what you're up to, pax can't find you, etc.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the glostache is cool. I don't know why Lyft would want to stop using this. The stickers suck! Most people can't see them. Passengers tell me that. Got to admit the taxi onboard lights etc makes it way easier for customers to know your a driver for them. Both Lyft and Uber need to improve this area as it's also good for security too.

Alicia

·
Registered
43 Posts
The new Amp is nice. People comment on them saying, "Whoa, new technology." And I'm like, "haha, yea. cool huh."

I only have ONE sticker and it's placed in the front. I don't have a sticker on the back since I have the Glowstache there.

There were instructions from the package I got that the stickers came in and it says that in CALIFORNIA, you need to have stickers on BOTH ends of the car. Or have the risk of police pulling you over and ticketing.

I can't bring up the exact info but if you lyft it, you'll see.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
The new Amp is nice. People comment on them saying, "Whoa, new technology." And I'm like, "haha, yea. cool huh."

I only have ONE sticker and it's placed in the front. I don't have a sticker on the back since I have the Glowstache there.

There were instructions from the package I got that the stickers came in and it says that in CALIFORNIA, you need to have stickers on BOTH ends of the car. Or have the risk of police pulling you over and ticketing.

I can't bring up the exact info but if you lyft it, you'll see.
Yeah I'm in NC. Seems everyone here is from California. I guess things are a bit less stringent here.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Actually, I find that the Lyft sticker is MUCH more noticeable than their cardboard TD.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The new Lyft trade dress is more reflective and designed to be seen from farther away.

California does indeed require trade dress on the front and rear windshields. I do have an Amp and was told that it takes the place of the front windshield trade dress. I refuse to believe this because the fine for not having trade dress is $1000. Plus, the Amp light cannot be seen very well in the day time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The new Lyft trade dress is more reflective and designed to be seen from farther away.

California does indeed require trade dress on the front and rear windshields. I do have an Amp and was told that it takes the place of the front windshield trade dress. I refuse to believe this because the fine for not having trade dress is $1000. Plus, the Amp light cannot be seen very well in the day time.
The LEDs in the AMP are brighter than some of the head lights of some cars.
I'm thinking of removing the stickers since I have both the AMP and the STASH

·
Banned
20,770 Posts

There are at least 3 generations of trade dress:

1. Pink cardboard square in clear pouch
2. Bright pink square sticker
3. Dull oblong grey sticker with non-reflective pink font

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Now I'm curious, plus I've seen other Lyft drivers (Lyfters?) with both the Amp and the mustache-shaped precursor. So I Googled it, found the website, and:

"How to get yours: amp will take your Lyft experience to the next level. Just give 250 rides and verify your address in the app. Once Amp's in your city, we'll take care of the rest."

Well can't beat free, but I'm about 90 rides short of the 250.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just got my notification on Sat night after I completed 2 trips, Given that Ive given way more than 250 rides, Im guessing that they wanted to have current drivers that have the 250 rides already to hit a certain threshold as ac current driver. People may be drivers for a couple years like myself but why ship a amp out to a driver that only drives 1 a month now. Anyways, maybe its cuz its available in my area finally! I haven't seen any other car with it yet in Palm Springs area so I may be the first since I was one of the first Lyft drivers out here when it became available!
Font Line Material property Rectangle Parallel

1 - 20 of 69 Posts