Uber Drivers Forum banner

While you were reaching out to us...

2K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Quite Quiet 
#1 ·
... we had our dirty, grubby hands in your pockets.

Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

Nearly 2 hours to get home and £291.68 out of pocket.
The monkey driving must of gone via the M25.
Daylight robbery.

#ripoffbritain

See less See more
#4 ·

View attachment 238104

Daylight robbery.

#ripoffbritain
That would have been £76.95 Peak time Fixed Price by Addison Lee.

Looking at the estimate on MyTaxi, Black cab would cost ca £202 ca 66min, going round M25, but this is the current day time scenario...

Please tell me how much would you have charged? You are a Black cab, aren't you?

#11 ·

View attachment 238104

Daylight robbery.

#ripoffbritain
Honestly they deserve it
Good for driver

I worked that area that knight was very busy
Everything on meter
Surge was like x4
It will cost no more then £100 on bc

If it was bc who's charge then £300 he will lose licence
If it was minicab office TfL will close the office
But with pooper it called
Dynamic prices :D

#12 ·
I saw this guy complaining on twitter about this.
He expects the authorities to stop this practice.. what? the law of supply and demand? Uber isn't a social service, if you wan't to get home then that's the price you have to pay, you have a choice.
Passenger is shown the route, cost and surge before they book, they have a choice.

#14 ·
Geezer was informed of the surge and took the ride instead of making other arrangements.. No sympathy.
As for black cabbies spouting off about rip off surge, well you've got to laugh haven't you! :D #Hashtag
As I have not yet ordered a ride from Uber, I don't know how the screen would look like before going ahead with the order.
Is it very obvious for the rider that how much the fare is before going ahead with the order?
Is the price quoted is "upfront-pricing" in London and not going to change? (Unless explained below?)
https://www.uber.com/en-GB/ride/how-uber-works/upfront-pricing/#

If this rider knew the price would be £291, and accepted it, then he shouldn't complain....
But if it was not very clear to him, ..... I am not sure.

#18 ·
To be fair it isn't the easiest route is it? And I think it's beyond what a uber driver should know for the rates we are paid.

But I would have probably gone... Mortlake, barns into Wandsworth, trinity Rd, St Leonards Church, Crown Point, crystal Palace, anerly Hill, Beckenham, Bromley.

Or maybe Richmond, Kingston, Surbiton, tolworth, Epson, Purley way, Croydon, West Wickham, Bromley.

#21 ·
Addison Lee's quote also shows the route via M25.
Is £76.95 fair for the driver? Uber's app is quoting £43-58 (UberX), that is really cheap.
Mytaxi is now quoting £206!
View attachment 238180
On Uber with surge 3.0x that would be £180.

Addison Lee's quote also shows the route via M25.
Is £76.95 fair for the driver? Uber's app is quoting £43-58 (UberX), that is really cheap.
Mytaxi is now quoting £206!
View attachment 238180
Did you download the app Ms Poppet?

#25 ·

View attachment 238104

Daylight robbery.

#ripoffbritain
M25?

It would take less time than that.

More likely he went straight through Town.

But without the route who knows.

And did they have to do 3 or 4.drops en route?

Without context any debate it pointless

As I have not yet ordered a ride from Uber, I don't know how the screen would look like before going ahead with the order.
Is it very obvious for the rider that how much the fare is before going ahead with the order?
Is the price quoted is "upfront-pricing" in London and not going to change? (Unless explained below?)
https://www.uber.com/en-GB/ride/how-uber-works/upfront-pricing/#

If this rider knew the price would be £291, and accepted it, then he shouldn't complain....
But if it was not very clear to him, ..... I am not sure.
You have to enter the Surge multiple into the App before you can book a vehicle.

Zero excuse.

Its like eating at an expensive restaurant then complaining later that it cost too much when the prices where on the menu.

And before you could order you had to confirm the prices and sign to accept them.

All these pricks are just millenial snowflakes who think rules don't apply if they piss and moan on Twitter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.