Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
... we had our dirty, grubby hands in your pockets.

View attachment 238104

Nearly 2 hours to get home and £291.68 out of pocket.
The monkey driving must of gone via the M25.
Daylight robbery.

#ripoffbritain
That would have been £76.95 Peak time Fixed Price by Addison Lee.

Looking at the estimate on MyTaxi, Black cab would cost ca £202 ca 66min, going round M25, but this is the current day time scenario...

Please tell me how much would you have charged? You are a Black cab, aren't you?

·
Banned
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would have been £76.95 Peak time Fixed Price by Addison Lee.

Looking at the estimate on MyTaxi, Black cab would cost ca £202 ca 66min, going round M25, but this is the current day time scenario...

Please tell me how much would you have charged? You are a Black cab, aren't you?
It would cost at that time of night (Rate 3) about £90-£95 and taken about 1 hour to complete the journey.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
... we had our dirty, grubby hands in your pockets.

View attachment 238104

Nearly 2 hours to get home and £291.68 out of pocket.
The monkey driving must of gone via the M25.
Daylight robbery.

#ripoffbritain
Honestly they deserve it
Good for driver

I worked that area that knight was very busy
Everything on meter
Surge was like x4
It will cost no more then £100 on bc

If it was bc who's charge then £300 he will lose licence
If it was minicab office TfL will close the office
But with pooper it called
Dynamic prices :D

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I saw this guy complaining on twitter about this.
He expects the authorities to stop this practice.. what? the law of supply and demand? Uber isn't a social service, if you wan't to get home then that's the price you have to pay, you have a choice.
Passenger is shown the route, cost and surge before they book, they have a choice.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I saw this guy complaining on twitter about this.
He expects the authorities to stop this practice.. what? the law of supply and demand? Uber isn't a social service, if you wan't to get home then that's the price you have to pay, you have a choice.
Passenger is shown the route, cost and surge before they book, they have a choice.
Geezer was informed of the surge and took the ride instead of making other arrangements.. No sympathy.
As for black cabbies spouting off about rip off surge, well you've got to laugh haven't you! :D #Hashtag
As I have not yet ordered a ride from Uber, I don't know how the screen would look like before going ahead with the order.
Is it very obvious for the rider that how much the fare is before going ahead with the order?
Is the price quoted is "upfront-pricing" in London and not going to change? (Unless explained below?)
https://www.uber.com/en-GB/ride/how-uber-works/upfront-pricing/#

If this rider knew the price would be £291, and accepted it, then he shouldn't complain....
But if it was not very clear to him, ..... I am not sure.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
It's clear. Tell you surge and price before accepting it.

There was a prat student who forgot to change home from Bristol to London. Booked ride to hone and than whinge when driver went Bristol, he fell asleeop

·
Premium Member
*** Not a PH Driver ***
6,817 Posts
Geezer was informed of the surge and took the ride instead of making other arrangements.. No sympathy.
As for black cabbies spouting off about rip off surge, well you've got to laugh haven't you! :D #Hashtag
Charging rates that reflect overheads / standards set by TFL ok?!

·
Registered
661 Posts
To be fair it isn't the easiest route is it? And I think it's beyond what a uber driver should know for the rates we are paid.

But I would have probably gone... Mortlake, barns into Wandsworth, trinity Rd, St Leonards Church, Crown Point, crystal Palace, anerly Hill, Beckenham, Bromley.

Or maybe Richmond, Kingston, Surbiton, tolworth, Epson, Purley way, Croydon, West Wickham, Bromley.

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
As I have not yet ordered a ride from Uber, I don't know how the screen would look like before going ahead with the order.
Is it very obvious for the rider that how much the fare is before going ahead with the order?
Is the price quoted is "upfront-pricing" in London and not going to change? (Unless explained below?)
https://www.uber.com/en-GB/ride/how-uber-works/upfront-pricing/#

If this rider knew the price would be £291, and accepted it, then he shouldn't complain....
But if it was not very clear to him, ..... I am not sure.
The app gives the price, estimated time, surge, the route, driver's name and picture, number plate, model and colour of the car and picture of the car as well. But guess what passengers always flag down the wrong car and get in.

It would cost at that time of night (Rate 3) about £90-£95 and taken about 1 hour to complete the journey.
If I have to spend £95...I would prefer to add £5 more and take someone like Momo. You know what I mean!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts