Uber Drivers Forum banner

Which Uber rental partner is best to work with?

• American

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Buggy

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Fast Track

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Tower

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello UberPeople,

I'm new to the Uber scene and am getting ready to get started in NYC. I got my TLC license and am ready to go. All I need is some wheels. Uber directs new drivers to their car rental partners to benefit from their incentives program. The partners are:

• American Leasing & Management
  • Fast Track Leasing
  • Tower TLC
  • Buggy
Which one is best to work with?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

·
Registered
112 Posts
none, go to a dealership and price out your own vehicle and get one with your credit without having to deal with those companies. once you get your vehicle, wait 2 weeks until you receieve the title and registration and go to a TLC insurance company to update insurance and go get your tlc plates

·
Registered
105 Posts
You get 2 weeks free rent from uber thats the advantage.

Other than that i dont see Any advantage there there to take your hard earned money and many newbies uber driver like your self fall for thier scam and dont realize

·
Registered
593 Posts
Agree with above. Only rent to get the 1st month bonus of 2 weeks free. After that you need to buy your own vehicle. It is way too costly to rent a car and severely eats into your profits. You end up having to work longer hours to make up for the extra daily overhead. I used American Lease to rent my first month. They are horrible, but I grinded my way through it knowing it was only for 1 month.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Rental companies are a rip off and they know that. They are the problem. They shouldn't have flooded the markets with cars. If you can't get your own car, you shouldn't be able to drive rideshare in NYC .

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am renting very hesitant to plate my own car. I guess I will make less per week/month, but pay less taxes at the end of year writing off rental car.
Either way both options suck!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Prices vary based on how many points you have. I have used buggy and everything was up front.
I'm at fast track pay $375 a week. Highway robbery, but at the end of year I will save a lot in taxes (I'd rather have the money now, but at least my own car won't get destroyed...these NY roads are so bad)!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm at fast track pay $375 a week. Highway robbery, but at the end of year I will save a lot in taxes (I'd rather have the money now, but at least my own car won't get destroyed...these NY roads are so bad)!
Yep I did my taxes this year and made out like a mother flipping bandit. Rental is good for now!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Why do you think you save on taxes? You are not saving anything. Your work expenses are just higher that's all.
That's like paying $500 for a rental and saying you saved a lot on taxes, you are taxed on what you made after expenses.

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
The standard mileage deduction is a huge reason to own your own car with rideshare apps. It took me awhile to understand that.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Which company would be the best choice for LUX SUV options? And what is the average going weekly rate for SUV?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i haven't had any problems with american lease. i actually find them them to be helpful and receptive; however - you must go to the BRONX location if you need real help (and yes, they have no phone number). Do not use their LIC location since nobody there is authorized to do much of anything. And try not to seek like you're in a rush to start driving; this will likely lead to them trying to assign you their most expensive car. The reason I am renting is because I am always ready to jump ship.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i haven't had any problems with american lease. i actually find them them to be helpful and receptive; however - you must go to the BRONX location if you need real help (and yes, they have no phone number). Do not use their LIC location since nobody there is authorized to do much of anything. And try not to seek like you're in a rush to start driving; this will likely lead to them trying to assign you their most expensive car. The reason I am renting is because I am always ready to jump ship.
Thanks for your help! Do you know if they offer Lux SUV rentals?

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
none, go to a dealership and price out your own vehicle and get one with your credit without having to deal with those companies. once you get your vehicle, wait 2 weeks until you receieve the title and registration and go to a TLC insurance company to update insurance and go get your tlc plates
So wrong in so many different ways...
1) Don't buy a car, rent it for at least a month or two and check it for yourself if this is what you really want to do for the next 5 years, if so then go ahead and finance a car. I would recommend going for 36 months... or 48 months if you find 36 months payments hard to handle.
2) Should you decide to purchase a vehicle to do this gig then make sure you pay an extra to the dealer to get the registration in less than 3 days. Also, do this while you are still renting your vehicle so there's none to minimal downtime.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts