Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all, I have been deciding for quite sometime when to join U/G but wat has been bothering me is tat I'm those kind whose gets lost quite easily and I depend on GPS totally when I'm driving. But recently, I saw about Uber's current starter incentives which are quite attractive in some sense. I'm planning to go full time at the moment while trying to find a job and I don't mind committing for 3 months if I have to and hopefully you guys don't mind spending sometime here advising which one I should go for. Thanks in advance!

Option 1: Starter $1000 cash reward
After completing the 1st trip = $200
Then all the way till 50th trip = £800
All 50 trips have to be completed within 2 weeks after activation
1st payment will be made only after 2 weeks after activation

Option 2: Starter earnings supercharger
Receive 2x all regular fare on all trips for 2 weeks after activation
1st payment will be made only after 2 weeks after activation

Option 3: Starter 100% reward
Receive all 100% of the trip fares for the 1st three months
1st payment will be made only after 4 weeks after activation

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are willing to commit 3 months then option 1 is definitely not worth it.

For a newcomer, I will prefer option 3.

Option 2 is 2 x Regular fare which I presume not including surge. And as it is only for 2 weeks, the first week will not be a smooth sailing one given you are new.

Option 3 should be the most rewarding but then again be sure you will be doing it for 3 months.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
For this week I wouldn't bother because I know I wouldn't hit any of those ridiculous targets ...

·
Registered
256 Posts
i just joined last week. from what i see, if you intend to do atleast 8 hours per day, take the second option. you'll earn huge money for the two weeks of 2x fare. i easily get over 1k fares in just 4-5 days. 2x will be 2k+ fares. i regretted choosing option 1 the as soon as after the second day when i see how much im earning in the first 2 days.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just joined last week. from what i see, if you intend to do atleast 8 hours per day, take the second option. you'll earn huge money for the two weeks of 2x fare. i easily get over 1k fares in just 4-5 days. 2x will be 2k+ fares. i regretted choosing option 1 the as soon as after the second day when i see how much im earning in the first 2 days.
sorry for getting back to you this late btw are rented vehicles allowed for starter incentives as they said bring your own car just to play safe. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, newbie here, asking for lao jiao's advice. To clarify I chose option 2 just this mon.

So as to say, does it mean my 1st payment will be in only next thurs? And my 1st 2x supercharger payment will be in by 3 weeks time?

I planning to drive only 2 weeks until 25 Jul

·
Banned
6,034 Posts
Suggest that you resign only after you receive all your payment just in case.

Some taxi companies delay payment of incentives for one or two months to see whetheryou resign or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts