Uber Drivers Forum banner

Between Uber & Grab, which do you think provides the cheaper fare on average?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A price comparison site published a study comparing the prices of the average Uber, Grab and conventional taxis and highlighting which were the cheaper option. Though it is obvious the ride hailing services are more cost efficient than taxis, the research shows that Grab provides a cheaper option on both short and long distances.

Do you agree? Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
A price comparison site published a study comparing the prices of the average Uber, Grab and conventional taxis and highlighting which were the cheaper option. Though it is obvious the ride hailing services are more cost efficient than taxis, the research shows that Grab provides a cheaper option on both short and long distances.

Do you agree? Let me know what you think!

Okay

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
If there is no surge, Grab is generally cheaper... Having said that, Grab fare surges very fast these days as they have less cars on the road probably ... When compare fare surges, Grab is usually pricier than Uber ... if both surge by 2 times and above, the fare becomes more expensive than taxi ...

·
Registered
528 Posts
If there is noe, Grab is generally cheaper... Having said that, Grab fare surges very fast these days as they have less cars on the road probably ... When compare fare surges, Grab is usually pricier than Uber ... if both surge by 2 times and above, the fare becomes more expensive than taxi ...
As long as you are in the right place at the right place at the right time, regardless of price there will always be people who needs a ride, btw max surge also only sightly more than cabs, after midnight surcharge kicks in, riders also have a choice of waiting for surge to come down, thats why its always funny to see drivers complaining of low fares, nobody point a gun to force them to take it, never will i on the app before 2.2, later get a stupid destination incase i have to go back to town with empty car. I rather waste petrol than waste time

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Taxi Flag Down $3.40 to $3.90 Per km 44 cents.
Uber Flag Down $3.00. Per km 42 cents.
Grab flag down $2.68. Per km 80 cents.

Grab is most expensive after 3km

1 - 20 of 56 Posts