Uber Drivers Forum banner

Which Food Delivery Svc. Do You Like Best?

• Doordash

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Grubhub

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • UberEats

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • My Top 2 Are Similar in Their Ratings

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I like several things better about DD. I’m just comparing them with UE as I don’t know enough about GH.

DD has these notable advantages over UE:

1) More time given to accept deliveries.
2) Deliveries don’t suddenly disappear from your screen in just 5-10 seconds sometimes!
3) No worries about a new delivery offer popping up on my screen while I am trying to complete my current delivery.
4) Much less likely to arrive at a closed restaurant. Even if that does happen, I am able to call DD and get paid for the entire delivery, instead of maybe getting $3 and being called a “support abuser.”
5) DD pays on delivery instead of an hour larer.

·
Administrator
7,581 Posts
I like whichever one is giving me the best paying orders. For me it really is that simple.

I only run DD and Eats.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Gh pays the very best . Most of there offers are 10 to 15 bucks. I think that is perfect.
DD rates were just slashed . Screw you door dash i know this will hurt you in the long run a lot of us drivers stopped delivering .
Uber in my area slashed the rates about half as much ! Expect to earn about 80 cents a mile on average . At that rate its easier to pick up a passenger .

·
Premium Member
7,320 Posts
For me I would say GH hands down.
  1. Most Transparency.
  2. Straightforward app.
  3. Better offers, or at least they seem better because you see the full amount.
  4. No stupid "star" ratings.
  5. Most driver friendly.
Of course they do have their negative issues as well but in comparison to UE and DD in my market anyway they are tops.

·
Premium Member
2015 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L
681 Posts
GH - 100% - for the same reasons @Seamus said. However, the best food delivery experience in my opinion is NOT delivering food. Waiting for my college students to return!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
Grubhub is the best. The app does not nag me and lets me choose which offers I want to complete and gives the most information up front. Grubhub has also managed to stay mostly apolitical whereas Uber and Doordash both are public advocates against freedom in support of gun control. I make a lot of money on every GrubHub order I do and I feel good about doing it. Grubhub support has been reasonable over the phone and uses fluent English language speakers who don't just say pre-canned responses to everything.

UberEats sucks because 1) Uber wants to micromanage what vehicles you can or cannot use for delivery, (they won't let me use my motorcycle for deliveries without giving up my UberX account), 2) The ping requests are really short and don't provide enough time to make a decision based on the info. 3) UberEats support usually seems worthless 4) I hate Uber always telling me things that don't make sense like my orders were incomplete and I need to check if everything is there, and at the same time it is a violation to tamper with the bags that are taped shut by the restaurants. I hate that Uber calls restaurants to confirm that the restaurant cannot make the order if I call support, and then Uber cancels the order for me, then accuses me of having a low completion rate that could mean deactivation when I wanted to complete the order and it wasn't my fault the restaurant ran out of ice cream. At least Uber finally added a "restaurant is closed" cancel option though, that makes things a lot better. That is my #1 cancel reason. I also hate the reports from my delivery recipients that I did not match the picture in the app and then being threatened with deactivation. Seriously, what are they even basing that off of? Blurry videos of me delivering food on their Ring door bell and seeing I have a beard unlike in my photo? I don't even understand why this is happening. Who reports their delivery driver for not matching the profile picture anyways? It must be one of a handful of pre-canned options to complain. My guess is that some people just get mad when there order isn't right or it is late and they just choose all of the pre-canned complaints. 5) Uber wants to micromanage whether we can carry firearms as drivers.

Doordash sucks the worst. Sure, they let me use my motorcycle unlike UberEats but their app is the naggiest and most of the offers on DoorDash are money losers.

·
Premium Member
17,082 Posts
I'm guessing this was from the drivers' point of view? Hum.

As a paying customer it is GH+. Tried to be loyal to UE...but either the drivers, the restaurants or the system is totally incapable of handing scheduled orders hours in advance of requested delivery. Such an order would be canceled 3 of out 4 times.

GH, no such issue so they got/get my multi order per week biz. AND paying for the '+" pays for itself.

Reactions: Trafficat

·
Registered
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan
393 Posts
I'm guessing this was from the drivers' point of view? Hum.

As a paying customer it is GH+. Tried to be loyal to UE...but either the drivers, the restaurants or the system is totally incapable of handing scheduled orders hours in advance of requested delivery. Such an order would be canceled 3 of out 4 times.

GH, no such issue so they got/get my multi order per week biz. AND paying for the '+" pays for itself.
UE probably not paying enough for the job. Drivers target a certain dollars to miles ratio, if we have to drive 15 miles over the course of 25-30 minutes for a $8 gig, no one in their right mind is gonna take it. I've had solid earnings on GH and the only time i've missed a delivery is when my phone didn't alert me one was available due to stupid bluetooth. GH definitely pays better overall than UE which is probably why GH customers get better service :)

All of that is based on my experience in my market though. Other experiences may vary.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
I am changing my vote to UE … I have not gotten one ping on DoorDash or GrubHub in the last three weeks. And Uber eats is paying pretty well too now, But I also won’t take anything under $7 and I won’t take anything that’s gonna be over 15 minutes

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
Please add any comments as to why you like one company over another.

Please be as specific as possible.
Uber treats drivers like they were retail customers, all the perks, incentives, discounts, etc. Uber is always nagging me about this or that, and especially 'how do you like driving for Uber' which, even when I answer that one, they keep nagging me again. Enough already.

Uber has a star rating system for drivers. GH does not. With Uber you are a number, that is not true with GH.

GH treats me like a driver, and when the app says the trip is $8 bucks, it's 8 Bucks. Uber tells you what they THINK you are going to get paid, maybe.

Also, if I turn down any trip less than $8, GH learns this and sends me only deliveries above $8. After a few weeks of telling the app why I turned it down, "offer too low" the GH algorithm will take notice. Maybe not right away, but it will if you are consistent. Also, GH app 'reason to reject' selection has some nice choices, like 'offer too low' or 'offer too low for the distance' it's nice they make that distinction, this gives the algorithm data by which to offer you deliveries within your choice parametes. I rarely get trips where the final destination is Rancho Bernardo or Vista ( North County Mall is as far south as I want to go, and San Marcos, to the west, and I'm okay with Hidden Meadows to the north and Valley Center to the north east. and the Safari Park is as far east as I will go).

UE always giving me doubles, and both equal what a single GH will be, and GH rarely gives me doubles. However, on the rare occasion I do get a double, I can deliver the food in the order I want to, where Uber forces me into the order sequence it chooses.

GH app is simple. If I'm on an Uber delivery, I can't go off the order screen and check out any other non order screen if I wan't until the order is delivered, but I can do that in GH.

Uber has more business, but I'd much rather drive for Grubhub. On a pay per mile, basis, GH pays more. There simply is no doubt about this.

No bonuses, true, or the bonuses don't amount ot much, but none are really needed. The pay is better. A short delivery with Uber is $3-4, but $8 with GH. Once I turned down everything below $8, they don't give me cheap ones anymore.

The only way you can make money with Uber is with bonuses. Not true with Grubhub. GH pays you enough, to begin with. My average trip with GH is $12, it's only $7 or $8 with uber ( that's factoring in tips ).. note that is a mean average, not median. On the median I get many offers over $11, for me to get those on Uber, they will inevitably be double orders, which I hate doing.

Also, GH has a block system, what that does is, when you are on block, you won't have to worry about 'driver saturation' because the off block folks will only get overflow.

Also the GH bags are free, and they are rugged. Uber you have to buy the bags and the small one is shabby, not will built.

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
Grubhub is the best. The app does not nag me and lets me choose which offers I want to complete and gives the most information up front. Grubhub has also managed to stay mostly apolitical whereas Uber and Doordash both are public advocates against freedom in support of gun control. I make a lot of money on every GrubHub order I do and I feel good about doing it. Grubhub support has been reasonable over the phone and uses fluent English language speakers who don't just say pre-canned responses to everything.

UberEats sucks because 1) Uber wants to micromanage what vehicles you can or cannot use for delivery, (they won't let me use my motorcycle for deliveries without giving up my UberX account), 2) The ping requests are really short and don't provide enough time to make a decision based on the info. 3) UberEats support usually seems worthless 4) I hate Uber always telling me things that don't make sense like my orders were incomplete and I need to check if everything is there, and at the same time it is a violation to tamper with the bags that are taped shut by the restaurants. I hate that Uber calls restaurants to confirm that the restaurant cannot make the order if I call support, and then Uber cancels the order for me, then accuses me of having a low completion rate that could mean deactivation when I wanted to complete the order and it wasn't my fault the restaurant ran out of ice cream. At least Uber finally added a "restaurant is closed" cancel option though, that makes things a lot better. That is my #1 cancel reason. I also hate the reports from my delivery recipients that I did not match the picture in the app and then being threatened with deactivation. Seriously, what are they even basing that off of? Blurry videos of me delivering food on their Ring door bell and seeing I have a beard unlike in my photo? I don't even understand why this is happening. Who reports their delivery driver for not matching the profile picture anyways? It must be one of a handful of pre-canned options to complain. My guess is that some people just get mad when there order isn't right or it is late and they just choose all of the pre-canned complaints. 5) Uber wants to micromanage whether we can carry firearms as drivers.

Doordash sucks the worst. Sure, they let me use my motorcycle unlike UberEats but their app is the naggiest and most of the offers on DoorDash are money losers.
Yeah I made the same complaint about Uber nagging. Ever day I get "how do you like driving for Uber", or your acceptance ratio is not that good, and they treat you like they treat retail customers, like soap commercials do.

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
UE probably not paying enough for the job. Drivers target a certain dollars to miles ratio, if we have to drive 15 miles over the course of 25-30 minutes for a $8 gig, no one in their right mind is gonna take it. I've had solid earnings on GH and the only time i've missed a delivery is when my phone didn't alert me one was available due to stupid bluetooth. GH definitely pays better overall than UE which is probably why GH customers get better service :)

All of that is based on my experience in my market though. Other experiences may vary.
I agree, GH pay is definitely better, a LOT better. With GH, you don't need bonuses to be profitable, but with UBer, without bonuses, you are not making money. I quit Uber, only use it when I forgot to grab my blocks on saturday morning.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I fly solo on Hub and make more money with them, so Hub is the best pay…

Uber has so many issues that it was not worth driving in Houston but where I am at now they have improved.

Dash is just low pay but if you work it right you can make money.

So Hub is the best for pay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts