Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently applied for TLC license. When I applied I clicked "FHV/Medallion". Now I notice that TLC-accredited schools offer two types of 24hr classes: "24HR MEDALLION CLASS" and "24HR FHV CLASS". I wonder which class I must go for.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to get "24HR MEDALLION CLASS" because most of the question is from Medallion stuff. I had done the same. Good luck.
It seems I can take either of the two, but as per your suggestion "24HR MEDALLION CLASS" would be better. Will I be able to drive For Hire Vehicles like Uber in any case?

·
Registered
177 Posts
It seems I can take either of the two, but as per your suggestion "24HR MEDALLION CLASS" would be better. Will I be able to drive For Hire Vehicles like Uber in any case?
Yes, thats the beauty about it. You pay same about for both but "FHV/Medallion" give you power to drive both. "FHV" only lets you drive for-hire-vehicle but I think after some year they gets to drive medallion too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, thats the beauty about it. You pay same about for both but "FHV/Medallion" give you power to drive both. "FHV" only lets you drive for-hire-vehicle but I think after some year they gets to drive medallion too.
So, both of these classes lead to one single exam, or two types of exams? Thanks bearing with a newbie like me. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
So, both of these classes lead to one single exam, or two types of exams? Thanks bearing with a newbie like me. :)
No worries I am newbie too. I am still waiting for my TLC license in mail.

To answer your question, they have two different class, one for FNV and another for FHV/Medallion. And exam is different too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.