Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you miss Pandora in app?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New app and you took away music? Seriously this was one of the most useful features on your driver app. Not only have you created a total dog of an app you removed this useful and convenient feature.

You say you tested this app well you need to get better beta testers then!

I wish I could rate the new app negative 5 stars.

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
that's what your problem is? the missing music button? just install the pandora app and run it in the background.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
I installed Pandora and run it separately. It used to click off on my phone from the old app anyway which is why I did it. I pay $10 a month to get commercial free and claim that as a deduction on my taxes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I used it differently. I changed stations between passengers I used the profanity filter. It was safer for me on the road. Using the pandora app is more distracting while driving and having to switch between Uber lyft and pandora is just more time messing with the phone. I can admit that I was just unique. I have suffered for being different all my life.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I installed Pandora and run it separately. It used to click off on my phone from the old app anyway which is why I did it. I pay $10 a month to get commercial free and claim that as a deduction on my taxes.
High roller over here, I'll stick with the $5 subscription.

·
Registered
782 Posts
What? How'd you do that? Do you have commercials?
Nope, no commercials. I have Pandora Plus, which has unlimited skips and replays, no commercials, and offline listening.

You probably have Pandora Premium which is the same stuff, plus searching any song and creating your own playlist, along with downloading music you want for offline listening.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Nope, no commercials. I have Pandora Plus, which has unlimited skips and replays, no commercials, and offline listening.

You probably have Pandora Premium which is the same stuff, plus searching any song and creating your own playlist, along with downloading music you want for offline listening.
Ah! Thank you. Yes, I need what I have for my sanity. Glad you cleared that up. I was feeling ripped off for a second. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
But yeah the Uber version did offer ad-free for those who didn't already have it
For me, it wasn't ad-free, but it did seem ad-reduced compared to my own app. But as others mentioned, if the phone rang or you did certain other things, it would tend to stop playing, and you had to go in and start it again, which was a pain.

I too took T-Mobile up on that free year of Plus so now I just set it and forget it. If I get a call it pauses but starts right up again when the call ends.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Word has it....

Spotify just bought Pandora... 8>O

What's next...Uber buying Lyft...????

Rakos
PSX_20180928_111027.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts