Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not my favorite way to start on this forum, but it's an important question. Where in Boston can a girl find a non-disgusting bathroom to use when driving late nights? Once Dunkin Donuts closes, I pray for fares needing to get near my house in Somerville. This is not something I can rely on. I understand now why most cab drivers and Uber/Lyft drivers are men. Y'all can pee anywhere. Anybody have insight on this?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
It's not my favorite way to start on this forum, but it's an important question. Where in Boston can a girl find a non-disgusting bathroom to use when driving late nights? Once Dunkin Donuts closes, I pray for fares needing to get near my house in Somerville. This is not something I can rely on. I understand now why most cab drivers and Uber/Lyft drivers are men. Y'all can pee anywhere. Anybody have insight on this?
POST # 1/GPSuzy: "Ahoy!" & Welcome
to the UP.Net/Forums from
Mostly Dark...overnight... Marco Island
on Florida's Wild SSW Coast.

What in God's Name are you holding in
Your Avatar Photo ? More On-Topic....
Another Member is BOUND to find the
Hyperlink to the App/Website that DOES
find that Info in Real Time before I locate
it. Use UPNF's "Search Function" to see
if it comes up easily.

My WonderWahine and I spent 4 years
on Morrison Ave. in West Summavul:
which Neighborhood is Yours ?
If you missed "Oh Summavul" [to the
Tune of "Oh Tannenbaum"] a Classic
BostonChristmasComedy Song on the
Radio over the Holidays, Google it.
It IS hysterical!

Bison: "The People theah ahh Pissah !"

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
How late at night (or early into the morning) do you drive? When they are open, grocery stores like Star Market or Whole Foods usually have clean bathrooms available. I will drive until 2:30am on Friday's or Saturday's and usually try to time when I go in the 9-10pm hour before it gets busy again.

Also try to scout out some clean diners that may be open late and have some good bathrooms. Have a working knowledge of some go-to spots in different parts of the Boston area.

As a last resort, carry a large bottle or plastic jug for emergencies. Ladies can do that too, from what I read here:
http://hiking.about.com/od/The-Basics-of-Hiking/f/Can-Women-Pee-In-A-Bottle-While-Backpacking.htm

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
How late at night (or early into the morning) do you drive? When they are open, grocery stores like Star Market or Whole Foods usually have clean bathrooms available. I will drive until 2:30am on Friday's or Saturday's and usually try to time when I go in the 9-10pm hour before it gets busy again.

Also try to scout out some clean diners that may be open late and have some good bathrooms. Have a working knowledge of some go-to spots in different parts of the Boston area.

As a last resort, carry a large bottle or plastic jug for emergencies. Ladies can do that too, from what I read here:
http://hiking.about.com/od/The-Basics-of-Hiking/f/Can-Women-Pee-In-A-Bottle-While-Backpacking.htm
So where do you recommend her pulling her pants down or pull her skirt up? After she misses in the car it would smell like a ___pot. We just aren't built like men - ya think?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
POST # 1/GPSuzy: Well....using UPNF's
Search Function w/
"Find Toilet" found me a Helpful Hyper-
link from OVER a year ago within a Msg.
from Kalee :
"Flush Finder" is among A DOZEN App
Options from "Google Play". Although
I didn't check, there are PROBABLY as
many choices @TheApp-leStore , too.

Bison: When ya gottago, YA GOTTA GO !!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
POST # 1/GPSuzy: "Ahoy!" & Welcome
to the UP.Net/Forums from
Mostly Dark...overnight... Marco Island
on Florida's Wild SSW Coast.

What in God's Name are you holding in
Your Avatar Photo ? More On-Topic....
Another Member is BOUND to find the
Hyperlink to the App/Website that DOES
find that Info in Real Time before I locate
it. Use UPNF's "Search Function" to see
if it comes up easily.

My WonderWahine and I spent 4 years
on Morrison Ave. in West Summavul:
which Neighborhood is Yours ?
If you missed "Oh Summavul" [to the
Tune of "Oh Tannenbaum"] a Classic
BostonChristmasComedy Song on the
Radio over the Holidays, Google it.
It IS hysterical!

Bison: "The People theah ahh Pissah !"
FYI, that would be a *****.:p

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
So where do you recommend her pulling her pants down or pull her skirt up? After she misses in the car it would smell like a ___pot. We just aren't built like men - ya think?
Just tryin' to help Chooch. Did you read the link that I posted? Seemed to have some tips on that aspect.
Do you have any constructive advice for GPSuzy?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Just don't drive at night - problem solved. By the way, do you really want to take people by the name of izzy, p didly, Santa, jazz, t, etc. keep driving and you will get those. Anyone can get an uber acct. how about the cabbie that was shot last week in Boston? Stick to better hours if you don't want to end up as a statistic. Leave nights to the males. Chances are you will be fine but get some street savvy first, ok Hun?

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
I recall one female poster in an unnamed city saying she drove without underwear, just wearing a certain kind of dress which would make it all easier.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
What does "Y'all can pee anywhere." mean exactly??

Because we are men we don't use a bathroom? I would never pee outside while driving around.

There are cameras everywhere now and then you have everyone with a smart phone that could see you and record you.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
What does "Y'all can pee anywhere." mean exactly??

Because we are men we don't use a bathroom? I would never pee outside while driving around.

There are cameras everywhere now and then you have everyone with a smart phone that could see you and record you.
If you were really Billy the Kidd, you would pee anywhere.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Just don't drive at night - problem solved. By the way, do you really want to take people by the name of izzy, p didly, Santa, jazz, t, etc. keep driving and you will get those. Anyone can get an uber acct. how about the cabbie that was shot last week in Boston? Stick to better hours if you don't want to end up as a statistic. Leave nights to the males. Chances are you will be fine but get some street savvy first, ok Hun?
Where and when was the cabbie shot in Boston last week? I didn't see a news account of this. Can you post a link?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2016/02/cabbie_shot_after_robbery_attempt
Edit: Better link below:
Ok it was Worcester last month - so what? Are you saying you don't believe cabbies get shot?
http://www.whdh.com/story/31115303/police-searching-for-gunman-who-shot-cab-driver-in-worcester
3 attacks in Worcester not Boston, what's the diff?
1. No, I am not saying I don't believe cabbies get shot.
2. I was aware of the shootings in Worcester.
3. The difference is I live and drive in Boston, not Worcester.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will *not* "leave nights to the males." I am 6'1" and martial arts trained. Even if I were shorter, I wouldn't skip the big money hours based on my anatomy. I'm plenty "street savvy," plus I'm intelligent enough to avoid bad areas. Driving during the day provides me with more places to pee, but the night provides me with more money. I'm asking for advice, not insults based on my gender.

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
It's easier for cabs because we can stop at a cab stand or "commercial parking only" spots.

Star Market Allston has a private restroom all for yourself...24 hours, near the checkout. Star Market Fenway is also private, straight back to the left side of the store, 24 hours. These stores close a few holiday nights, and a few overnights annually for cleaning. The Star Copley/Prudential locks their restrooms later at night because of problems in the the past; these are not private unlike the other two Stars I mentioned.

The new Clover Food Labs, next to the Middle East, is 24 hours on Mass. Ave. Central Square. It's a very clean shop, and I think I saw a restroom away from the cashiers. But, where would you park? I "think' there's a meter in front but it would likely be taken on a weekend night until the bars close.

Dunkin Donuts on Route 99 in Everett is 24 hours and the restroom is private and off to the corner.

I "think' McDonald's in North Quincy has 24-hour access to their restrooms now, as well as the Dunkin Donuts down the block on Hancock Street heading back to Boston. Stop and Shop in Quincy, on Newport Ave., opens 24 hours, five nights per week.

The Westin Waterfront is good for cab drivers because we have a cabstand. Late night, park there at your own risk (and there may be no cabs there, anyway) and go toward the Starbucks door, but keep going to a side door to the hotel. You enter, take a quick right, and you'll see restrooms, all without passing anywhere near the lobby.

J.P. Licks at Mass. and Boylston opens until 12 a.m., and their restrooms are at the back. You may feel the need to buy a cookie or gift card occasionally if they happen to notice you often; their J.P. shop on Centre Street opens until midnight, and you can sneak in there, away from the staff.

Harvard Square has a new 24-hour toilet on the traffic island (near Mass Ave. and Church St., I believe). I don't know if you need a quarter like the few found in Boston, which are not 24 hours.

South Station opens until midnight, but unlike cabs, you have no cabstand. Maybe park on Summer Street (?), and try to avoid a ticket?

The Speedway (former Hess) gas station/convenience store on Old Colony in South Boston has access but I think they lock their doors by midnight.

Brigham and Women's has a private restroom in the the ER. You may be able to park at the end of the cabstand, and sneak in. The cab drivers use that obscure option, though you must pass a security desk into the ER. Maybe there are a few meter spots around the corner if you don't feel comfortable parking at the cab stands, or perhaps park on Huntington Ave.

I just passed the 24-hour Dunkin Donuts on Broadway in Somerville near Medford St. But do they have public restrooms?

The Stop and Shop in South Boston closes at 10 p.m., and you may be able to park in the Rite Aid parking lot across the street. The Stop and Shop at South Bay Mall closes at midnight.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Some of the hotel restrooms are available all night as well. It's often easy to park late at night as well. The Longwharf Marriot has easy access restrooms. Up the escalator and to the right. The Hilton on Broad St. has restrooms just inside the front door. Easy to get in and out inconspicuously. That's my favorite place I can almost always get parking on Batterymarch St. and go in the back door straight through to the front. I've used the Wyndham Hotel on Blossom St as well. Restrooms are to the right of the desk as you walk in. I never found it awkward if they asked. Just tell them you're a driver. As long as you're alone and don't look like a junkie you should be fine. Myself, I might use a porta potty somewhere. They have them out at Castle Island. But if I had to sit in one I don't think I'd do it without cleaning it first.

Of course, in the "y'all pee anywhere" category I will go anywhere. The end of Fish Pier is good. Nice view of the harbor as well. Also down around Drydock Ave there's lots of places. Out on Soldiers Field Road is good also. Lots of parking and no one around.

Hope this helps, it's a good question for anyone.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts