Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving for Uber since the middle of May and have been driving for all the summer at the Jersey Shore. Now that the summer is over, where would be good locations to drive? Monmouth County? North Jersey?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
This is gonna be my first winter driving for uber, and I'll stay around my area, unless there's snow on the ground then I'll be parking the car, I don't want the interior of the car to get water damage from the snow.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have been driving for Uber since the middle of May and have been driving for all the summer at the Jersey Shore. Now that the summer is over, where would be good locations to drive? Monmouth County? North Jersey?
Drive anywhere you are comfortable with suburbs movie theaters shopping malls laundromat train stations bus stations downtown basically everywhere is good just don't sit still on some cvs parking lot for two hours waiting for a ping that's just stupid ( not directly at you but they know who I'm talking about)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Drive anywhere you are comfortable with suburbs movie theaters shopping malls laundromat train stations bus stations downtown basically everywhere is good just don't sit still on some cvs parking lot for two hours waiting for a ping that's just stupid ( not directly at you but they know who I'm talking about)
Completely agree with gmc's ideas of where to drive. Basically everyone will figure out where they are most comfortable driving. It depends on day of week for me and where I think the fares might be on that particular day. Look out for traffic patterns as well. Sometimes where there may be a big traffic jam you may want to avoid or sit on the outskirts of that jam as there may be plenty of cars sitting in the mess to begin with. My strategy is to find a good central spot to hang out, usually near shopping or transportation, then after 10-20 minutes if no ping then transition a little bit, possibly closer to office complexes if around 6-7pm, then after that transition closer to home before finally calling it a night. You definitely have to feel comfortable wherever you go.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
All good ideas. Jersey shore would be dead. Some areas, surges In the snow. Find it and make $$. If it snow during the morning or evening rush hours, usual transportation hub would be great.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Drive in Hoboken starting at 4am especially when its raining, snowing or COLD. Its always surging in the morning. At 2.8X surge everything becomes profitable even the runs to the PATH train station... The trick to the morning in Hoboken is someone has a flight to catch and they will be FORCED to accept 2.8X on the stormy day. They cant wait until the surge is over or else miss the flight. So, in short, when it rains or storms like today...HOBOKEN!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts