Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm fuming. My boyfriend drives for Uber, his birthday is on the 9th of December and I want to get him a tip jar/USB charging station all-in-one. Three days ago I was searching online and etsy had some available like this

I almost bought it but couldn't quite afford it yet, and now there are NONE to be found ANYWHERE on the internet. Accept for this less-appealing, more expensive LED see-thru monstrosity:

which somebody is selling for almost twice the price as the one I had originally wanted to get him.
And the latest review states that the seller never sent it out nor responded and the buyer had to retract payment on paypal! Giving him a total of 2 stars out of 5 as a seller on Etsy - I'll pass :( I would never get it in time for his bday anyway.

So wtf. I'd even settle for a charging station that fits in the car's middle console that supports the most common devices (android, iphone, and whatever) - but I wanted to incorporate the tip thing - CAN ANYONE SELL ME THEIR'S? Or suggest an alternative I can buy online? Please respond his bday is in 1 week >.<!! Thank you!!

·
Registered
10,169 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get some cheap ply wood and build one?
Sorry but, As if :/

They sell basic "Tip boxes" which are just the clear plastic boxes and a slit on top with a lock and key. One could customize it from there but no thanks. I like the look of the classier one that says "Thank You" on it. I don't see how ply wood enters the equation at any point lol :p

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Sorry but, As if :/

They sell basic "Tip boxes" which are just the clear plastic boxes and a slit on top with a lock and key. One could customize it from there but no thanks. I like the look of the classier one that says "Thank You" on it. I don't see how ply wood enters the equation at any point lol :p
As if? Lol too much work for you eh? Even customizing one prebuilt is out of the question? Lol poor boyfriend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As if? Lol too much work for you eh? Even customizing one prebuilt is out of the question? Lol poor boyfriend.
I've never built anything in my life, I'm not about to start now just to fail miserably and give him a crappy present. I'm a 28 year old female with no interest in building things (I know, what a ditz, right?). And not to mention we live together and all and I want this to be a surprise.

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
I've never built anything in my life, I'm not about to start now just to fail miserably and give him a crappy present. I'm a 28 year old female with no interest in building things (I know, what a ditz, right?). And not to mention we live together and all and I want this to be a surprise.
Ah ok makes sense. Understandable.

Kinda reminds me of when I worked part time at a grocery store before its grand opening. I had to help one of the managers assemble her office chair. The instructions were so simple a child could have done this (literally like 3 steps and they were pictured lmao). She had an MBA. She even told me she never knew how to change a tire until her ex boyfriend showed her how. She even said that's all he was good for. I told her, "well at least he was smart enough to know how to change a tire" and walked away lmao.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually did try googling rideshare candy jar. That's what led me to the one I refer to as a "monstrosity" in my original post. Which turns out is this one, made by Carlos Cruz:

I really don't want to risk buying it from him because (aside from the fact that I don't like how it looks), as I mentioned, he has only a 2-star rating as a seller on etsy, and his latest review (posted today) is not at all flattering:

"Been 14 days since the seller claims the item was shipped. After emailing the seller twice, seller has still not provided a tracking number or any updates. Both email stated he would be sending me a tracking number soon. Obviously have not gotten any yet. Had to finally open a case for a refund. Pure headache. Product looks like a good idea but would not deal with seller in the future. 2 of my friends want to order the same product but will be looking for a different source."

The fact that out of the only TWO REVIEWS he has at ALL, the most recent one sounds like a disaster for the buyer, I'm gonna have to pass on his product all around. Should have grabbed the classier one I saw on there a few days ago. Dammit

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
If a disgruntled pax takes a picture of such a tip box and sends it to Uber, don't be surprised for that driver to be deactivated. It also smells of desperation.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
You should be ready for a swift and painless deactivation.
You know you, The_One & cybertec69 before you, love scaring Drivers by posting that they'd be deactivated if they install a tip jar in their cars.
I've never seen any posts by Drivers that they've been deactivated for having tip jars. Have you?

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
You know you, The_One & cybertec69 before you, love scaring Drivers by posting that they'd be deactivated if they install a tip jar in their cars.
I've never seen any posts by Drivers that they've been deactivated for having tip jars. Have you?
You must be mistaken me with someone else, and yes uber will have no problem deactivating anyone for use of a tip box, quite a few drivers have been warned.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
You must be mistaken me with someone else, and yes uber will have no problem deactivating anyone for use of a tip box, quite a few drivers have been warned.
I'll leave aside the matter of mistaking you for someone else because it's not important here.

Yes Drivers may have been warned, but I've not come across any accounts of Drivers being deactivated for having Tip Jars or Tip Signs in their cars. Have you?

·
Registered
293 Posts
My tip jar, from Amazon, make about $10 to $20 a week in tips, 20 to 25 hours. View attachment 19851
I have no problem with this whatsoever. You are providing something above and beyond the ride. You don't have to provide water, candy, or a charging cable. If I availed myself of said items I would have no issue dropping some bucks in there. I DO however have an issue with someone having one of those WITHOUT offering something above and beyond the ride. I would report the crap out of that guy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have no problem with this whatsoever. You are providing something above and beyond the ride. You don't have to provide water, candy, or a charging cable. If I availed myself of said items I would have no issue dropping some bucks in there. I DO however have an issue with someone having one of those WITHOUT offering something above and beyond the ride. I would report the crap out of that guy.
Of course report him so he won't pay his electricity next month. You have nothing better to do, but to do that. Worthless human being. You dont complain about being driven from point A to point B safely though. Go defend some criminals you so called "lawyer". Now thats noble!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts