Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where have been the most interesting places you had to drop off food at? I have in mind places that are not residences or workplaces.

Have you been asked to deliver food to the middle of a bridge?

To someone in a parked car? (Makes you wonder why they didn't just drive themselves to the restaurant.)

Atop a skyscraper, to New York construction workers on a crossbeam?

White Black Black-and-white Style Crew

To a baseball field, football stadium, where you're given the exact seat of the customer (Gate 5, Section 12, Row 34)?

To a bus stop, airport (for a soon-to-depart passenger)?

Underground, to a stinky sewage pipe for hardworking clog-removers?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Skull & Bones Society- super secret Yale "club." They certainly didn't look like future presidents though. Just looked like a group of college nerds playing Magic: The Gathering. And definitely not like portrayed on The Simpsons!
Cartoon Yellow Window Animated cartoon Games

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Skull & Bones Society- super secret Yale "club." They certainly didn't look like future presidents though. Just looked like a group of college nerds playing Magic: The Gathering.
Made a delivery from an upscale restaurant to an open field last summer. The address entered in the app was "close", but the customer called when I was approximately 5 min. away and guided me to where they were located. It was an empty grass field, dirt road access, surrounded by trees, with 4 or 5 vehicles parked. They were just tailgating in the middle of nowhere basically. Very nice, very drunk, and they gave me a $20 cash tip in addition to the tip in the app. If it had been dark, I would have never been able to locate them. That's one of those deliveries that you just don't forget about.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
To someone in a parked car? (Makes you wonder why they didn't just drive themselves to the restaurant.)
I did a delivery to an apartment complex once and I was dreading navigating it. I drove past a car that was idling in the middle of the road near the entrance and stopped to look at the sign at the front. The person gets out of the car and asks if I'm here to deliver their food! I don't know the explanation but I won't complain.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
I've had to deliver to high floors of hotels before. A lot of times just accessing the elevator requires a keycard, so I usually just wait near the elevator and follow someone else in.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
I delivered food to a maximum security mental health facility once. I didn't go inside, I was greeted outside. The interesting thing is that I suspect the person I delivered the food to was an inmate based on the way he was dressed.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Pre-covid I've also delivered food to hospitals a lot and get buzzed into employee only areas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pre-covid I've also delivered food to hospitals a lot and get buzzed into employee only areas.
I deliver to hospital staff pretty much daily. My mom and sister are nurses, and I know how hard they work (way harder than me!) so I don't even mind waiting a few extra minutes for those deliveries. They always tip well.

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
I delivered food to a maximum security mental health facility once. I didn't go inside, I was greeted outside. The interesting thing is that I suspect the person I delivered the food to was an inmate based on the way he was dressed.
Idea for movie: Uber Eats driver is allowed to deliver to maximum security mental health facility where, in reality, he is an inmate.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
I delivered to a guy in a tractor/trailer once while he was sitting at a warehouse.

And one night I delivered to a lady who lived at a small airport. I passed signs that said “yield for aircraft”

·
Premium Member
12,144 Posts
Well, it wasn't food.
But, back when I was uber driving I got a call to what turned out to be a sex party.
The hostess asked me to go off clock and give partiers a ride home as needed if they'd drank too much.
It was fun as hell, and I got paid well.
AND, it turned out to be a regular gig. When ever they'd get together I'd be 'on call' for rides home. About once a month I'd make almost $500 in wages and tips just getting exhausted people home.
Everybody was in a good mood. Wore out. Tipped well.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
For me it was a semi trailer loading area. We have an airport used only by cargo planes. Place had thousands of semis, a security guard, no cars but me. I was looking for the dispatch office, way past midnight. My window is always down, i smoke. Park near what looks like a garage, hear my name called, found the guy. Different, great tip, fun.

Like another post, I did do a run to a maximum security mental facility once. I do police stations, too, always locked down, and I get nervous around cops.

I do a lot of runs to school teachers. Stopped at one, guy gave me a physical description of himself, great directions, huge high school. I find him, hand him the food and he bolts inside the school. Before i can move, a black SUV rolls up on me blocking my way out, very serious guy. "Did you just deliver food?" Um, yes, that's what i do. It is school policy not to deliver to students, he says. Ok, and? I give him the name on the order, probably fake. He says, "Oh we have him on camera."

I have a great story to tell my gf after each shift. Anyone else see a naked chick open her door when she thought you had left?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Well, it wasn't food.
But, back when I was uber driving I got a call to what turned out to be a sex party.
The hostess asked me to go off clock and give partiers a ride home as needed if they'd drank too much.
It was fun as hell, and I got paid well.
AND, it turned out to be a regular gig. When ever they'd get together I'd be 'on call' for rides home. About once a month I'd make almost $500 in wages and tips just getting exhausted people home.
Everybody was in a good mood. Wore out. Tipped well.
Wore out from the ***** Out.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I had one in the country, more people than cows. Drop off was at a gate blocking a gravel road. No buildings in sight, nothing. I take a pic, leave the food on a deserted road, send him a text. Got paid and a nice tip too.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
right on! Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. None of us are saints. We all made stupid mistakes, some got caught, others, like me never did. That does not make me any better. Judge not lest yea be judged. Don't let the bastards grind you down. Every person is special, we can all teach others something about life. Love your profile btw, Risky Business

·
Premium Member
7,149 Posts
I delivered food to a maximum security mental health facility once. I didn't go inside,
I did the same once, and believe it or not they sent me inside past the lobby which I couldn’t even believe. It was a VA hospital complex probably about16 Buildings. I pulled up to the building number on the order and it had a big sign that it was the psych unit. I was expecting to drop it off at the lobby and they sent me to the elevator to go to the fourth floor. When I got out of the elevator I had to pass another checkpoint and then one final checkpoint Before the doors opened to the hallway. I was really freaked out I could not believe they were actually sending me into the facility to deliver to the Guys room. It was bizarre and for the life of me I can’t understand how they let a delivery guy do that.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts