Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cancel and run the other way unless it a surging fare. So last week I pick up a pax in Old town who wants to go to the airport. Of course he waited for the surge to end before requesting a ride. Took him got a fare of around $24. Took me 50min plus a hour return time. 2 hours 24 dollars. That's 12 a hour before gas, insurance, wear and tear. This is a joke. I see luggage now and it's not surging no thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
What time did he request the ride?

As for early morning airport runs, you could go as late as 5:30 before having to make a call if you really want to take it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree not worth it plus pray for not having accident during the rush hour, cuz you'll have to be emailing UBER no live customer service it's a joke.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think the rule of "no surge=no airport" should apply at all hours. Maybe a Midway run here and there, but the airports are a losing proposition.

In general, never leave Cook County, and never go W of the Tri-State.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
I hate hate hate hate airport runs. Almost always coming back empty. It's one of the reasons I signed for limo chauffeur class. Being able to pick up at the airport. Oh and more $$ as well :)

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I hate hate hate hate airport runs. Almost always coming back empty. It's one of the reasons I signed for limo chauffeur class. Being able to pick up at the airport. Oh and more $$ as well :)
O'Hare from the suburbs can be great. I-88 to I-294 at max mpg. Then work your way home on high mpg roads with short stuff until you end up back at O'Hare and repeat. It's the Naperville to the loop rush hour coorporate customers on expense accounts I hate. Always happens when I'm searching for cheap gas too!

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
For suburban drivers airport runs are good. For city drivers they're money losers.

Besides I hardly do non surge rates. Mostly surge rides. I'd rather sit on my ass than do non surge runs during rush hour.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
How about those people that come out in dress clothes and no more than a bag containing a laptop and they tell you they're going to the airport? I've had a few of those and they're hard to gauge where they're going.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts