Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed, when I tell a pax to get the hell out of my car, they never want to get out. I have to tell them over and over to get out. This is crazy pax behavior.:confused:

What have you guys experienced, when you tell a pax the party is over.:rolleyes:

This really weirds me out, when they start begging me not to kick them out after they start mouthing off at me.:p

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
They ALWAYS scream, yell, and curse. They ALWAYS file a complaint with UBER. They OFTEN make false claims about my conduct. They SOMETIMES attempt to damage my car. They OFTEN slam the door as hard as they can. They OCCASIONALLY leave the doors open.

It NEVER ends well.

However, I've never had a pax refuse to get out. Most I had was "What if I don't" with the response that the police will be called. They ALWAYS get out upon mention of the police.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Out of the nearly 2k rides I gave while I was driving I kicked someone out once, but I've been told I'm intimidating in person. #naturalbornuberkiller #likethemovie #nothomicidal #atall

But in all seriousness, if people get vivacious with their tone I match the tone without yelling and speak as nicely as I can in that tone. When I kicked my pax out I did it so nicely she had this perplexed look on her face - not knowing whether I was serious or not. It was something like, "I'm going to let you out in a populated area so you can easily get another Uber."

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
XUberMike , have you ever kicked anyone out of your car?
Hell yes, think the # is at 5, but 3 before I started the trip. If I'm unsure I'll even drive a bit (without starting trip) to see the situation and then toss em.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i've never kicked anyone out of the car just yet (thank god i don't work the drunk times cause usually i hit my goal way before then) but if i had to im sure i wouldn't really have a problem forcing pax out of the POV.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
One time, a rider with his girlfriend and a small dog on her hands. She claimed it was a "service" dog, and had document to show me. The rider offered to pay me extra $5-$10 while she was looking for document to show me on her phone. She later showed me a document which I just looked at it without reading the contents. I let them in and started driving. She started cursing , and kept saying that how dare I was to assume that it was not a service dog....
I told them that I could not continue the ride if someone kept cursing at me. She said OK if I was not charging them. I agreed. They got out, and she slam my door very hard. #&@:**\
I ended the trip. And later informed Uber to refund them.
I felt so stupid to refund them since she slam my door...

To sum up, she cursed, slam the door, and $:;@#~>

Regardless, either side was happy about the incident.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Out of the nearly 2k rides I gave while I was driving I kicked someone out once, but I've been told I'm intimidating in person. #naturalbornuberkiller #likethemovie #nothomicidal #atall

But in all seriousness, if people get vivacious with their tone I match the tone without yelling and speak as nicely as I can in that tone. When I kicked my pax out I did it so nicely she had this perplexed look on her face - not knowing whether I was serious or not. It was something like, "I'm going to let you out in a populated area so you can easily get another Uber."
I'm not sure vivacious is the word you were shooting for.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
I've noticed, when I tell a pax to get the hell out of my car, they never want to get out. I have to tell them over and over to get out. This is crazy pax behavior.:confused:

What have you guys experienced, when you tell a pax the party is over.:rolleyes:

This really weirds me out, when they start begging me not to kick them out after they start mouthing off at me.:p
If you grab them by the neck the rest of the body will follow.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Had a few women pax that were very disrespectful but I didn't kick them out. Also had a female pax (drunk) grab my shoulders from behind in a playful manner. I've been doing a decent enough job screening what rides to take and what rides to skip. Since I'm actually applying into psychiatry programs this year I'm applying some basic empathy tools among other techniques to talk people down. I try not to drive drunks though.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've only done one kick out. Pair of guys who started smoking in the car and refused to put them out. I pulled over, got out, opened the back door for them, and told them to exit the vehicle. When they protested, I mentioned the cops. They left without incident, other than the expected string of profanities.

At the time, I was scared as hell. These two guys could've jumped me if they were so inclined, and for a minute I thought it might go that far. But it didn't.

That was my last ride for the day regardless.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I have only had one horrible passenger out of 1800 rides. And he got his ass kicked out of my car at 3:30 in the morning. And yes, I had to tell him three times to "Get Out" after I pulled over. And yes, he started begging me to continue the ride. BUT, once you make that decision to kick someone out, you have to stick to it.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Hello Kekelo,

Thanks for reaching out! It looks like you have a question about the proper ways to handle kicking a rider out of your car. Happy to explain.

Riders and drivers conflicts usually occur when drivers do not earn enough money to cover their weekly lease payments. They are also typical of the hot summer late nights. This is because Uber has slashed driver pay by reducing fares. Fares and earnings are reduced, yet Uber does not reduce the lease amount by a corresponding amount. I hope this addresses your concern and we thank you for remaining professional through all less than 5 star rides.

If you have any other questions or if I can help with anything else, please reach out again!

Best,

Elelegido

Uber ON

P.S I know my answer had nothing to do with your concern but I am hopeful you will get tired soon and not reach out again about the same issue.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
They ALWAYS get out upon mention of the police.
Yep. I ask them, "with all the serious stuff cops have to deal with, how pissed off do you think they're going to be with you when they get here and find out the only reason they were called out was to remove you from this car?" They get right out and go on their way.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts