Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm new to uber. I live around pga and I-95. Anyone have any advice on when are good times to log in and drive? Or where to go for a ping?

Appreciate it thank you.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Hello all,
I'm new to uber. I live around pga and I-95. Anyone have any advice on when are good times to log in and drive? Or where to go for a ping?

Appreciate it thank you.
It depends on what service you are offering. UberX and Uber Lux are different games.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Uberx you can get rides anytime day or night With xl, and lux you can wait a cuople hours. PGA can be very slow.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
For the nightclub crowd, Clematis St. in West Palm and Atlantic St. in Delray Beach are 90% UberX. Lake St. In Lake Worth is 99% UberX. East of the intracoastal anywhere is 75% Lux.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Looks to me like half the Lux drivers who were around in January until last weekend have given up. It's certainly not because of increased business that there are fewer cars visible on the rider app.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks to me like half the Lux drivers who were around in January until last weekend have given up. It's certainly not because of increased business that there are fewer cars visible on the rider app.
Lol meant to say ty for this one

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have never seen so many Lux vehicles on the road.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
They showed up for the weekend. Sunday is the 1st time I've been on all day ant home without a ping, and I've got a lot of coverage. Looking at all the Lux cars, I'd say today was almost dead.

·
Registered
652 Posts
They showed up for the weekend. Sunday is the 1st time I've been on all day ant home without a ping, and I've got a lot of coverage. Looking at all the Lux cars, I'd say today was almost dead.
Uber is also allowing many non-qualifying cars on the road as Lux and Lux Suv. I know one guy with a white 2008 suburban. There is a 2009 Acadia that os not denali, and a 3 series bmw.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Friday night is the most Lux cars I have ever seen on the map in WPB. It didn't seem busy. I was 1st up at Buccan from 10 to 10:30 without a hit and finally got one from Mar-A-Lago as a fundraiser let out.
Earlier I was 3 minutes into a pickup to a remote location and the Pax called me and asked if they could squeeze 5 bodies into my car. When I said no, he said they would have to get a LuxSuv then and was going to cancel me. I tried to stall to make it to the 5 minute mark. I told him the SUX was twice as expensive as Lux and that he could get another Lux and not cancel me. He said they would just drive themselves. OF course he apologized for having me waste my time and gas without any compensation.
I headed to the pickup spot anyways, in case he was slow to cancel. He never did. Maybe he thought I was going to cancel for him? I did eventually, but stayed at the pickup place for 5 minutes before canceling. I selected "Driver asked cancel" as the reason and got paid.

My question is, did I need to wait the 5 minutes in the case where the rider asked me to cancel, or could I have done it immediately after arriving (or after 5 minutes of driving toward by not at the pickup point)?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Friday night is the most Lux cars I have ever seen on the map in WPB. It didn't seem busy. I was 1st up at Buccan from 10 to 10:30 without a hit and finally got one from Mar-A-Lago as a fundraiser let out.
Earlier I was 3 minutes into a pickup to a remote location and the Pax called me and asked if they could squeeze 5 bodies into my car. When I said no, he said they would have to get a LuxSuv then and was going to cancel me. I tried to stall to make it to the 5 minute mark. I told him the SUX was twice as expensive as Lux and that he could get another Lux and not cancel me. He said they would just drive themselves. OF course he apologized for having me waste my time and gas without any compensation.
I headed to the pickup spot anyways, in case he was slow to cancel. He never did. Maybe he thought I was going to cancel for him? I did eventually, but stayed at the pickup place for 5 minutes before canceling. I selected "Driver asked cancel" as the reason and got paid.

My question is, did I need to wait the 5 minutes in the case where the rider asked me to cancel, or could I have done it immediately after arriving (or after 5 minutes of driving toward by not at the pickup point)?
Funny, I almost went to Buccan at around 10 pm last night. Decided to go home instead. Had a good lux trip from Tequesta to Delray before that.

I would have tried to get him to cancel after five minutes. If you cancel you need to have hit arrived, and wait five minutes. Should be busy tonight after golf is finished at pga national. Quite a few short trips though.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Went to PGA National just before dark. Lots of Lux carts. Twice I got pings and accepted but the app couldn't complete the deal. Transmission errors. I had one bar on my Verizon phone. I guess that's why others stayed back at PGA Blvd where I got 4 bars on the phone. Later a pax told me their AT&T phone was worthless at that golf course.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Sunday 7-8 PM: Half a dozen Lux cars picking over the scraps from the Honda Classic. It was incredible how little business Uber did there. People would rather park over 5 miles from the course in a landfill and pay $10 for a bus to drive them to the golf course, then wait for an hour in a long line to get the bus back to their car. Thousands of drunk drivers on the road this evening.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Last night there was a Ball at Mar-A-Lago. Pickup was at the back, with everybody leaving at once. I pulled up there and told the head guy who my passenger was to be. He verbally bashed Uber and Uber drivers and pretty much instructed me to drive over some guests to get out of the way of his valet drivers. Before my path cleared he threatened to call Security and have me removed from the property. I told him what an ass he was being and he started to call on his walkie-talkie, but then my pax showed up and he kissed their asses instead.

The moral of the story is, it's not just taxi drivers that hate Uber, because people have been told they don't have to tip any more. So when these people get into the car with the valet opening it for them, they stiff him too. They also don't like the Uber cars blocking the driveway. They are used to having a customer stand there waiting to have their car brought around. Along comes an Uber car with a free 5 minute wait, and the pax is in the bathroom or saying goodbye to their companions somewhere else.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Last night there was a Ball at Mar-A-Lago. Pickup was at the back, with everybody leaving at once. I pulled up there and told the head guy who my passenger was to be. He verbally bashed Uber and Uber drivers and pretty much instructed me to drive over some guests to get out of the way of his valet drivers. Before my path cleared he threatened to call Security and have me removed from the property. I told him what an ass he was being and he started to call on his walkie-talkie, but then my pax showed up and he kissed their asses instead.

The moral of the story is, it's not just taxi drivers that hate Uber, because people have been told they don't have to tip any more. So when these people get into the car with the valet opening it for them, they stiff him too. They also don't like the Uber cars blocking the driveway. They are used to having a customer stand there waiting to have their car brought around. Along comes an Uber car with a free 5 minute wait, and the pax is in the bathroom or saying goodbye to their companions somewhere else.
It was the same at PGA National. The valet guys were downright NASTY people. Yelling and screaming at drivers to get out of the way. They actually banned us from waiting by the hotel on Sunday for some reason. PGA National was totally out of touch with what their patrons wanted. I still found a way in, but it was mostly short trips.

Such a pain driving such drunken morons sometimes!! Really saw the cream of the crop this weekend!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts