Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your app update your $ for the week real-time, for hourly guarantees, or does it wait until the following Monday or Tuesday to update your cash balance in the app?

I don't know if the computer updates every hour that you're are online, or just at the end of the week like the gold status or silver status thing.

I would ask FUBER but they won't answer the question without some blast canned response that doesn't answer the question.

THAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO LOSE EMPLOYEES :)

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
Joe you get hourly this week?
Tedgey nah hourly sucks. they don't give us any pings. I got silver last week and I worked my butt off this weekend to get Gold.

So now I'm going to drive again all week and work my way up to platinum again. Hourly guarantees rip drivers off and they're just surge killers while everyone else gets the ping. kinda sucks b/c I get my rides and hide lol

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Tedgey nah hourly sucks. they don't give us any pings. I got silver last week and I worked my butt off this weekend to get Gold.

So now I'm going to drive again all week and work my way up to platinum again. Hourly guarantees rip drivers off and they're just surge killers while everyone else gets the ping. kinda sucks b/c I get my rides and hide lol
I don't buy that theory. The one time I was on hourly I had no problem getting pinged. As a matter of fact I had too many. I ended up getting a few endless pool ride loops. How many drivers in L.A.? I read 50,000. I find that hard to believe too but there's an assload for sure. And how many drivers posted on UberPeople about it, a dozen? And quite a few were just like me saying they had no problems getting pinged. So I'm not saying no, but I'm hardly convinced

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't buy that theory. The one time I was on hourly I had no problem getting pinged. As a matter of fact I had too many. I ended up getting a few endless pool ride loops. How many drivers in L.A.? I read 50,000. I find that hard to believe too but there's an assload for sure. And how many drivers posted on UberPeople about it, a dozen? And quite a few were just like me saying they had no problems getting pinged. So I'm not saying no, but I'm hardly convinced
Up until a few weeks ago I had no trouble with hourly. Then this week was a total shift

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Up until a few weeks ago I had no trouble with hourly. Then this week was a total shift
Ok but you can't just call a theory a fact based on one bad week. If the dealer has a 5 and you double down your 11 and lost would you consider that to be a bad strategy? How about if everybody at the table had an 11, they all doubled down and lost. I think that's what's happening here. Small sample size and a fair amount of randomness and your bound to get a skewed result.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Ok but you can't just call a theory a fact based on one bad week. If the dealer has a 5 and you double down your 11 and lost would you consider that to be a bad strategy? How about if everybody at the table had an 11, they all doubled down and lost. I think that's what's happening here. Small sample size and a fair amount of randomness and your bound to get a skewed result.
I tried to quantify all these posts. Drivers did not want to take five minutes and complete a survey.

That said, I am seeing in other forums the "I'm hourly and cannot get a ping" posts.

As for my experience. This week Silver, 14 hours/25 minutes to get 32 rides (30 in The Core), 7 Pool rides / 2 matched. I earned $346.60

Last week Hourly, 18 hours/13 minutes to get 31 trips (all in Core), 14 Pool rides / 5 matched. I Earned $436.80 plus $150.00.

Last week, I had to open the passenger app to go where they aint. This week, I only once opened the passenger app. Last week, no stacked pings. This week about 30% stacked pings. This week, I had to drive 5 to 8 minutes for pick-ups.

There is something happening...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts