Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To go into New York City on a weekend? I will be working 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. I don't mind doing New York City trips if it's not busy so can somebody tell me when the traffic is usually backed up?

·
Super Moderator
6,267 Posts
I don't understand why people keep going to NY, don't waste your time.
If they are going to NY just say no and move on..
I imagine either because they are afraid of getting down rated if they cancel after 'start trip' or they find it too awkward to cancel once pax are already in the car.

Someone claimed in another thread that now if driver cancels after hitting 'start trip' but before moving then it's just like a regular cancel and pax can't rate the driver, Can anyone verify this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just listen to 1010 WINS in the car. Once delays go over 15 min each way at the lincoln or holland I don't do NYC trips, especially if it's leaving the city. If it's 2x or higher I don't mind sitting in traffic going in.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Problem is that most NYC trips starting anywhere North, south, or most of central Jersey are worth it.

But most of the people who want to take a trip live right across the river and can't be arsed to take the PATH, so it's usually anywhere from $5-8 profit after tolls.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Don't get ripped off, I don't understand why people keep going to NY, don't waste your time.
If they are going to NY just say no and move on..
With EZ pass carpool making the toll $6.50 for tunnels and GW after 9pm even with no surge, you're still making money. I do 3 a night no problem and fly back into Hudson county at 60mph through the tunnel. Holland has been a nightmare as of late though entering NJ. Too much construction

1 - 12 of 12 Posts