Uber Drivers Forum banner

When I was a n00b...these are the MISTAKES I made.

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  uber_from_the north 
#1 ·
What are some stupid things you did before when you were still new with rideshare?

-Drove a pax in a McDs drive thru for 10 mins in line
-Waited on pax for 8 mins without cancelling
-Took a ping 15 mins. away heading north of Ajax at night where street lights never exist anymore. I can get murdered without anyone knowing it.
-I always placed water bottles at the back seat for pax and even offer them to take it.
-I pulled over on the side to get water for pax when she asked. My case of water was in the trunk.

But now faaaak you all entitled pax. I became grumpy then... LOL

Your turn.

#2 ·
The only thing, as a Noob, I ever left accesible to PAX was a box of tic-tacs* and a charging cable.
I used to leave the cable in the back, but people would often step on it, or kick it out of the plug when they were climbing over seats.
Now I keep it in the glove box, and will grab it it anyone needs it.
The mints however, stay up front with me incase I've had too much coffee.

*amazingly, nobody ever stole the tic-tac, all pax were surprisingly well behaved and only took a couple.

#3 ·
So are these really "noob" things or were you just yearning for tips or were you just nice for stars or were you genuinely a good person feeding off of good Karma?
And now, you've noticed nothing good came out of that you have allowed the world to take away your niceness?
Because you didn't "see" any monetary and or spiritual gains from your gestures, you are like "meh"?

Does an entitled pax change their entitledness when they don't get what they demand? No! They stay same way and yet you've changed.

Why?

#11 ·
So are these really "noob" things or were you just yearning for tips or were you just nice for stars or were you genuinely a good person feeding off of good Karma?
And now, you've noticed nothing good came out of that you have allowed the world to take away your niceness?
Because you didn't "see" any monetary and or spiritual gains from your gestures, you are like "meh"?

Does an entitled pax change their entitledness when they don't get what they demand? No! They stay same way and yet you've changed.

Why?
I guess you made a point here. Tip cash flow hasn't been coming in so I learned my lesson and didn't care anymore.

#6 ·
Seriously?... damn...I never did any of these things... I still do it same way I did before.
I do have water in front seats door only... if someone asks I have it... I also have kleenes... that's pretty much it...
- Never did drive through, twice got asked, told them no.
- I wait... with other app on... other app pings, im out of there lol.
- Never took ping that long. 10 mins was longest I think... and it was on the way I was going anyways... had other app on just in case I get something closer :)
- Only have 3 bottles of water... and typically it is more like 1 cuz i keep drinking them lol.

I'm not grumpy... very indifferent... that's why I like quiet pax. Like they're not even there.

#7 ·
Honestly, I never made any of those mistakes. Never had I waited at a drive thru and never will. I knew from the start we were bottom feeders and acted like it. The most I did was waited while pax wanted to go to an atm that was on the way.

Never gave food nor drinks. Can't spend pennies when making dimes!

I did initially cared about ratings and quickly learned that was a waste of time and energy. Now, I have no clue what my rating is and don't even care the slightest.

#12 ·
My worst 2 worst mistake I made when I was new

1. Picking up at King and Portland on Saturday@2am

2. Picking up after a leafs/raptor/Jay's game
I used to go to King and Portland everyday. Then I kept seeing a red Mazda 3 with a Uber logo near the trees consistently. As I got closer to see who the person was, I saw a guy with a wig on waving at me. instantly got scared and got out of there and never went back. As I was leaving I heard him say, "be serious" over and over again. True story!

#13 ·
I used to go to King and Portland everyday. Then I kept seeing a red Mazda 3 with a Uber logo near the trees consistently. As I got closer to see who the person was, I saw a guy with a wig on waving at me. instantly got scared and got out of there and never went back. As I was leaving I heard him say, "be serious" over and over again. True story!
Come on man, "be sirius" :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.