Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time i did a guarantee for uber last night...got a text yesterday about a $22/hr guarantee from 5-8pm...when does it show up? as of right now it only has my regular earnings up

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yesterday was the first time I have seen a guarantee from Uber in 3 months here, so I have no idea. I feel like it was just a test, maybe they will repeat it. The $22/hr is competitive with Lyft's $20/hr guarantees that apparently only some drivers get.

The problem is this week Lyft is running the half-off sale again. How many of you are guys are just burning fuel downtown not getting pings because everyone is taking Lyft again this week?

The great thing about being on both is I can go with the currents...But I do strongly prefer Lyft and I think they have a better business model that treats customers and drivers better. For instance, their surge areas are much smaller, and very surgical. It's stupid that someone in south Philly who has to get to their hospital job has to pay a surge fare because the bars are letting out.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Guess you've been working too much. I bet they can tell who's gone over to Lyft as the revenue from that driver drops each week. I only did $90 last week when I used to do $250-300 so I'm not surprised.

I'll work the guarantee today at 4, then it's back on Lyft because Lyft is surging all the time now during rush hour with the half off sale. And I get the $20 guarantee anyway 5-7, 9-12pm.

They also weren't clear enough about the acceptance rating - does that mean 90% for the guarantee hours or you have an overall acceptance rating of 90%?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts