Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Sad part was she offered to pay the fair to drop it off. So he refused that amount and now he will get nothing cause I'm sure he is banned as a driver
Her offering to pay the fare to return her stuff is far more than most and should be rewarded; bouncing that driver would be appropriate.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Sad part was she offered to pay the fair to drop it off. So he refused that amount and now he will get nothing cause I'm sure he is banned as a driver
You know she would of probably tipped more than just the fare. Out of town single woman would of been thrilled to get her ID back. The woman did an awesome job. I bet that driver was shi%^ing bricks when a selfie of a cop saying extortion charges came through his text.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Uber's guidelines towards this state that the driver is not responsible for lost items in a car. He didn't have to do anything.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Uber's guidelines towards this state that the driver is not responsible for lost items in a car. He didn't have to do anything.
Perhaps not, but demanding more money to return it is where he crossed the line. If a passenger offered to pay the fare as she did, common decency dictates cooperation. If that wasn't possible, he could take it to a local police precinct for them to deal with.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Uber's guidelines became null and void as soon as the driver broke the law and attempted to commit extortion. The driver went about it the wrong way. He should of told the woman of his "extremely busy schedule" and had her offer more to get her purse back. As long as the driver says he can return the purse (in person, by mail, Uber lost and found, police station etc) at some point and time then he's fine. The driver screwed up when he said he could return the purse, but demanded money for it.
Stupid is as stupid does.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Greed is nvr good, so many times i have done a lil extra for pax just to b nice and nvr been disappointed. Few days ago a line pax asked me if i can wait for her to pick her food up and drop her off 5 blocks away and bfr i could even answer back she siad ooh i am in line and you can't so nvr mind , but i told her its fine i ended the ride at restaurant. Turned my app of and she was out in 3 mnts then i just dropped her few blocks at her place it was really cold and she was soo thankfull and gave $10 tip on $5 ride. I nvr do fvr just so i can get tip , if thy tip fine if thy don't fine too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts