Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Tell them: "I prefer for my name to NOT be on the national Sex Offenders Registry."

And that's not a joke either. Without a dash cam, it's your word against the pax...and can you guess whose word Über and the cops will believe? Hint: it's not your's.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Court order by a Judge, because you are a sex addict. Videos are directly uploaded to your probation officer.

Just tell PAX its there for their safety from out side sources that are beyond your control.

Reactions: Jam Val

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Another option: "That (pointing to the cam), is how I make sure my butt is well padded."

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Spin the question to your advantage, Say something like this, "I started driving to try to help my parents with all of their medical bills, since I began, I've been sexually harassed, robbed and threatened. I wish I could find some other way to help them, but this is the only thing I know of where I can work in between my other two jobs. I know the camera doesn't help much, but maybe it will make someone think twice before hurting me again." Start crying at this point. Don't cry hysterically, just enough to get sympathy from your passengers At the end of the ride, turn around, face the passengers, stare directly in their eyes and say, "Thanks for riding with me, every little bit really helps." Fighting back tears in your eyes at this point will be helpful. Try this and watch your tips soar.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Spin the question to your advantage, Say something like this, "I started driving to try to help my parents with all of their medical bills, since I began, I've been sexually harassed, robbed and threatened. I wish I could find some other way to help them, but this is the only thing I know of where I can work in between my other two jobs. I know the camera doesn't help much, but maybe it will make someone think twice before hurting me again." Start crying at this point. Don't cry hysterically, just enough to get sympathy from your passengers At the end of the ride, turn around, face the passengers, stare directly in their eyes and say, "Thanks for riding with me, every little bit really helps." Fighting back tears in your eyes at this point will be helpful. Try this and watch your tips soar.
Funny thing is her tips will soar but her rating will plummet. Uber attracts all the split personality passive aggressive scum.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I recently started using an in car dashcam. What is the best response when a PAX asks why I have a camera?
Counter Question Isn't there something wrong with the whole Ubre scam that a lot of drivers now feel that a dash cam is now required to protect yourself? Especially in light if the fact that your net profit is at or below minimum wage and your driving for a company that uses it's drivers and couldn't, give a shit less about them.
PT Barnum was right. "Nobody ever went broke under estimating the intelligence of the American public".

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yup... It's there for both my safety and yours.

Does anyone have a inside cam that writes to something larger than a 32gb card? I want something that I don't have to stop and switch cards out every few hours. I'd love to get a external usb drive and plug it in under the seat. I have a router in my car so when I pull in the garage my tablet (which is always in my car) is connected to my home network -- So I can download logs, pictures, etc to my home server when car is in garage. Would be great to have a large usb drive connected and when on my local network I can write a routine to upload the camera footage to my computer/media center.

If anyone knows of a camera that will write to mass storage, let me know please. The only thing I've be able to come up with is running a tablet with camera DVR software like BlueIris (which I use for my cams around the outside of the house), and record the HDMI out channel of the camera all the time. It would take some fiddling, but it could be done I suppose...

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
Yup... It's there for both my safety and yours.

Does anyone have a inside cam that writes to something larger than a 32gb card? I want something that I don't have to stop and switch cards out every few hours. I'd love to get a external usb drive and plug it in under the seat. I have a router in my car so when I pull in the garage my tablet (which is always in my car) is connected to my home network -- So I can download logs, pictures, etc to my home server when car is in garage. Would be great to have a large usb drive connected and when on my local network I can write a routine to upload the camera footage to my computer/media center.

If anyone knows of a camera that will write to mass storage, let me know please. The only thing I've be able to come up with is running a tablet with camera DVR software like BlueIris (which I use for my cams around the outside of the house), and record the HDMI out channel of the camera all the time. It would take some fiddling, but it could be done I suppose...
Can I ask why? Most run on a loop that you can stop if you have an issue.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts