Uber Drivers Forum banner

When a Pax deserves 5 Stars...

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  TaylorHamNCheez 
#1 · (Edited)
We all know and agreed to the "no tipping required" policy when we signed up. Some passengers still do leave a tip. We appreciate that: it is a distinguishing best behavior that should earn 5 stars.
4 stars is still a decent rating. You go to a 4 star hotel and feel it is better than most, don't you?
Well, for me, the great pax are getting my 4 star appreciation.
I'm saving the 5 for the truly exceptional rider who gets that drivers are not exactly cleaning up: we have no control of how much we get paid, we get 70-75% of the earnings pax are charged, we pay all our own car expenses, and we still pay taxes on that net. Don't misinterpret what I'm saying: I enjoy driving, my passengers, and having the opportunity to turn my time/car into a deposit on Wednesday when I need it.
I appreciate being appreciated...and the only way I can show it on Uber is to make that 5 STAR rating mean something.
So, give me a WOO if you can elevate the 5 Star for the truly exceptional and appreciative pax!

#2 ·
We all know and agreed to the no tipping policy when we signed up. Some passengers still do leave a tip. We appreciate that: it is a distinguishing best behavior that should earn 5 stars.
4 stars is still a decent rating. You go to a 4 star hotel and feel it is better than most, don't you?
Well, for me, the great pax are getting my 4 star appreciation.
I'm saving the 5 for the truly exceptional rider who gets that drivers are not exactly cleaning up: we have no control of how much we get paid, we get 70-75% of the earnings pax are charged, we pay all our own car expenses, and we still pay taxes on that net. Don't misinterpret what I'm saying: I enjoy driving, my passengers, and having the opportunity to turn my time/car into a deposit on Wednesday when I need it.
I appreciate being appreciated...and the only way I can show it on Uber is to make that 5 STAR rating mean something.
So, give me a WOO if you can elevate the 5 Star for the truly exceptional and appreciative pax!
Go do some research before you write again " no tipping policy" the hell are you talking about no tips
What kind of shit you smoking?

Yes there is tips
And yes they are are allowed
And no no one agreed to no tips when they sign up go read it again

#3 ·
I don't know who told you anything about a no tipping policy, do some research before posting on this topic. Uber markets a no-tipping required service.

That doesn't mean customers aren't allowed to and sure as hell doesn't mean you're not allowed to accept tips. I'd like to think this post was made out of misinformation and you're not just being oblivious.

#4 ·
Drxyy...don't over react to my simply fun post. As you correctly point out, we are part of a "no-tipping required service." Most riders take that to mean they shouldn't tip. If you are receiving tips on most of your trips, please share how your service exceeds that of the rest of us who receive tips only from our 5 Star riders! I'm very sorry if my post offended you. I am one driver... and a new one...who is very appreciative of the ability to make an extra G a week working part-time. No offense meant.

#13 ·
I had a kid New Years day, brought him to Wawa from his house, he asked if I would wait while he got something and then I would drive him home. I said sure, why not it was early. He comes out empty handed and said he forgot his wallet, could I lend him $20 and he would pay me when he got back. I said OK and he was back out and we drove home. He goes in to get his money and comes out with a $20, NO TIP! I said thanks for the tip and drove away, 2 stars.

#20 ·
I need to start accurately rating my passengers.

This may sound stupid, but for all you newbies reading this (lurkers), please rate passengers in the manner above. Why?

When you get a PAX and you are on the way to pick up and you see they have a 4.8 rating...that is normal for a good pax.

When you see something like 4.5 or even 4.2 rating...be prepared, get your guard up. It can be so many things...doesn't mean PAX is up to no good but maybe they smell all the time, maybe the are the ones that have grocery bags coming out of shoprite trying to go 3 blocks. They might be very nice pax, but they request you make a stop on the way...which requires them to have you wait 5 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.